Suggestion An App? Why not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
adutto

adutto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Guys,
It would be great to think about having an app (again)...
that would be awesome, so we can have our discussions on the spot, without having to browse to the web page.

(as far as I can see the app is no longer available right?)

I almost exclusively access forums through my mobile or tablet, 90% through tapatalk. That this forum isn't on tapatalk means I don't visit as much as I'd like to as the mobile interface is clunky and difficult to navigate. With tapatalk you get all features you need in easy tabs - new posts, unread posts, participated, subscribed, etc. A much better UI for mobile browsing once you get used to it.

I know the reasons tapatalk support was removed and don't want to restart that discussion, but from a ux perspective it is a desirable feature.

Last edited:
I'm a 100% mobile user and using data for updates refreshing the site in chrome. Seems a data heavy way to enjoy real-time forum updates. An app interface would be desirable but I appreciate the added headache that brings to the admin and tech group.

Please no tapatalk!

Regards,
Cameron

It's a great point that apps often times do not have the features of a website. Tapatalk didn't have all of the features SB currently uses....but I'd bet 80% of users don't use those features. Tapatalk was great for me, it allowed me to easily track discussions, receive notifications in a manner I preferred, and generally was easier for me to navigate than the current webpage (I preferred the old layout of the webpage too). I use SB less because of the website, mobile or otherwise. I would use it more often if there was an app. I'd be happy to pay for it.

PS my gripe with the current website layout is that if I post in a thread or even create a thread, it's hard for me to find a list of those. It was previously called subscribed list, and one was automatically subscribed if they posted in it. I don't necessarily need an email when someone posts in a thread I'm participating in, I just need quick and easy access to it.

It called "watch thread." It's in the upper right hand corner right above thread title. You can either get email alerts or not.

Watched threads button is at the top.

Thank you! I didn't realize it only shows threads I've participated in, that haven't been read yet. This time I clicked All and saw them all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom