Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's probably a lot less painful to backup dives through your phone.

This whole Bluetooth thing is a clusterf*ck. I'm amazed that something like this is an issue in 2017.

I agree. Fortunately my Perdix AI talks to my iPhone and iPad NO problem, and I DO have my dives on Shearwater Cloud. But as a matter of principal, I want to see if I can get Desktop to work - it should.

I truly am glad that it works for you. I have sent an email to Shearwater, and will see if they have any thoughts on this. Thanks

I was just pointing out that my macOS was two minor versions ahead of your macOS. Did you try updating your Mac? I know the updates to the operating system have improved my wifi connection. Maybe updating the OS to 10.12.5 might fix the Bluetooth issues. If you want to give that a try, go into the AppStore, go to Updates and see if there are any OS updates waiting to be applied.

After applying the OS updates, check and see if the Desktop software can now find your Perdix.

I recently got a Perdix AI and I am loving it. Great informative display. No problems with Bluetooth synch with MacDive on my iPhone 6S and MacBook Pro 13" (2016), and of course the logs get synchronized between the iPhone and MacBook via Dropbox.

Shearwater CS has been VERY responsive. We are going back and forth exchanging information. Hopefully they will come up with a solution. I am very hesitant to update to macOS 10.12.5 only because of the Continuity Activation Tool issues, and BTLE is working perfectly well for me on all of my other devices.

Shearwater CS has been VERY responsive. We are going back and forth exchanging information. Hopefully they will come up with a solution. I am very hesitant to update to macOS 10.12.5 only because of the Continuity Activation Tool issues, and BTLE is working perfectly well for me on all of my other devices.

That is fair. CAT does have reported issues with 10.12.5. Something to mention to Shearwater, next time you are talking to them, is that I was running Desktop 3.1.3 (before the BTLE fix) and my Perdix AI syncs without problems. Maybe there is something I installed which 'fixed' things. They probably already know this but it never hurts to mention it. Get them thinking about why some people have it working with 3.1.3 but others need to update to 3.1.4.

Hope they get things sorted out for you.

Darrell

P.S. Say 'hi' to the guys at ScubaToys from Darrell (the Canadian). Miss dropping by the store.

Love my Perdix AI. It links perfectly to the iOS apple iPhone. And my mac. If you are a mac person and need a stabLe interface this is the one. Oh, it works underwater too. Lol

I was having trouble with the Bluetooth, then I discovered that if I put the lower right side of the Perdix up against the dongle it would work. I don't know if this is SOP or if there is a signal issue.

I was having trouble with the Bluetooth, then I discovered that if I put the lower right side of the Perdix up against the dongle it would work. I don't know if this is SOP or if there is a signal issue.

That does not seem right. Does the Perdix read the tank pressure from the transmitter? If that works a few feet away then the dongle should be able to read the Perdix from a few feet away.

Back
Top Bottom