Case for new dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Zippered style cases (especially the the Orange ones) because the standard plastic boxes are prone to popping open too easily, moreover, the Orange ones make finding one's mask easier amid a clutter of the traditional 'all-black' dive gear most other divers have.

Before I go out and buy one, I should ask how resistant are these cases (and zippers) to salt water? Can they be washed?

Lots of good comments and advice here, thanks. I examined the mask more closely and found that one lens is not snapped in as securely as the other. Hope I can work it back in; there seem to be tiny flanges around the rim that would snap in (assuming none are broken). The mask is otherwise a great fit and I'd hate to have to buy a new one.

It does not hurt to have 2 masks in case one is lost or damaged. Good luck!

It does not hurt to have 2 masks in case one is lost or damaged. Good luck!
Yes, I know that now!

It looks like I'll have to buy a new mask. I can't get the lens that popped out seated securely. Thanks for all the responses.

I'm glad you found the culprit to your troubles!

I keep it in the hard boxes. My spare mask gets its own box with save a dive stuff. I have not had a problem.

Have a TUSA with prescription lenses that I got in 1998 when I was taking OW course. Still use it with the original lenses today. Only tried one time to change the lenses but vision through them was blurry.

I store my mask in the original hard case when at home between trips but when I travel I carry it on without any case and generally put it in my luggage between something soft. After diving and after rinsing gear, I toss the mask in my bag on top of my other gear. It has held up quite well as I have only changed the strap one time about 2 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom