SW Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I am back after having to take a break from diving for a few years.

Sure seems quiet in regards to this part of the state. Are there not many folks diving, or just not many posts made?

Looking forward to getting reacquainted!

Lobo

We have several members of our club that Beaver Lake in Arkansas almost every weekend. Also Tablerock Lake may be closer for you and if it's conditions are as good as Beaver has been may be worth a try. I haven't been there in several years, just check with your local dive shops. There are two pretty active shops in Joplin.

Hey there, sooner!

Thanks for the reply! I think the last time I went diving at Beaver was 07. We did the lost bridge at TR in the winter of 08. Both are great dive spots.

I used to be at oronogo about every other weekend. Sure wish it was still open!

Lobo

Dived Table Rock this weekend, surface temp 81.5 55 ft 66 degrees, 94 ft 60 degrees.
Visibility about 15 ft.

We have several members of our club that Beaver Lake in Arkansas almost every weekend.
Any idea what the conditions are at Beaver? My son and I are getting quite antsy waiting for Tenkiller to clear up and an alternative site would be nice. I've heard that both Beaver and Table Rock are a good bit colder than Tenkiller and that's what's kept us away so far as we both only have 3mm suits.

Any idea what the conditions are at Beaver? My son and I are getting quite antsy waiting for Tenkiller to clear up and an alternative site would be nice. I've heard that both Beaver and Table Rock are a good bit colder than Tenkiller and that's what's kept us away so far as we both only have 3mm suits.
I haven't been there in 3 weeks, been in Cozumel, but here is a report from the Oklahoma Aquanaut FB page: Decent viz 10-15 feet to 20 foot deep...warm in the upper 70's
First thermocline at 23 feet
Viz improves to 30 feet+ from 30 feet to 70 feet
Hard second thermocline around 65 feet dropping into the 50's
Dark at 100 feet, bring a light, but vis is still outstanding.

Hi Sam,

It looks like I am about 3 hours from Houston Mo. Maybe 6 hours to Cape Girardo.

Lobo

Heading down to Indian Point on Table Rock today to get in a cpl of dives. As per your original question I think folks just aren't posting here very much. I know the DiVentures group are going out all the time from State Park Marina follow them on facebook.

Hello Mr. Rogers!

That could be. I used to be a member of several dive forums that were very active in this part of the world. Most are shut down, it seems.

I would like to thank everyone for the replies and the current conditions!!

It will take me a bit to get back to my previous skill level, but I will get there again.

Anyways, thanks to everyone!

Lobo

Back
Top Bottom