Bad Dive Right In experience - or - just plain Bait and Switch ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, I am impressed. Most businesses would offer a one line explanation and generally ignore the customer. How you responded makes all the difference. Well done, and I hope the diving fraternity support your ethical business. Much like shearwater who is also a stand up business.

Aaaaaand ...... now the glowing DRIS recommendations all over SB become clear.

Been using DRIS for years (as well as other vendors). It isn't a question of "if" it will go sideways, but "when"... How things go after that is what sets vendors apart. DRIS has had things get a little "wonky", but absolutely done everything they could to make it right.

I continue to look to them, usually first, with my equipment needs.

(P.S. - Terry is the man!!!!)

I've had several things go wonky with DRIS, but either Mike or Chris (the manager) have fixed them ASAP. They are also very responsive when you want something fast that the manufacturer/distributor has in stock.

A few weeks back I decided I wanted a Bare Evoke 5mm wetsuit. I emailed Chris and Terry on Sunday evening indicating what I wanted and if they could have it in the shop by Friday, so I could pick it up that evening to dive it that weekend. Heard from them Monday the order had been placed. I picked up the wetsuit Friday and dove it both days that weekend. :D.

... and this is why I do business with Dive Right In Scuba. Every business in every market will at some point have something go wrong. What separates the good ones from the bad and mediocre ones is how they deal with it. Mike just showed how a good company ... the ones you really want to do business with ... handles it. Hopefully this resolves the issue to everyone's satisfaction ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... and this is why I do business with Dive Right In Scuba. Every business in every market will at some point have something go wrong. What separates the good ones from the bad and mediocre ones is how they deal with it. Mike just showed how a good company ... the ones you really want to do business with ... handles it. Hopefully this resolves the issue to everyone's satisfaction ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
^ exactly.

I would like to talk to you or your husband about this either tonight or tomorrow so we can get to a resolution. Even if that resolution is a full refund.

I dunno, folks.

I'm convinced that DRIS is not a deadbeat vendor.

That said, if "great customer service" simply means the customer doesn't get completely hosed, the bar is set too low.

Has DRIS jumped ship?I

I don't think that some of you are aware DRIS is a brick and mortar shop, as well as an internet retailer.

Mike did a fab post on page 2 of the above linked thread and did a video tour of the entire shop and the extensive operation in the back. The shop itself is pretty small.

I am in there nearly every week, even just to get tanks filled. I drive nearly 100 miles round trip to get to the shop, often spending up to 90 minutes in bumper to bumper Chicago suburban highway traffic to get there. DRIS is open until 9pm, while the other shops closer to me are maybe open until 7. I also enjoy going to chat with the staff, as I consider them friends. I've been in other shops. They are not what I would consider helpful, nor do they remember your name. DRIS is different. Their folks are helpful and not snarky. Ever. I think nearly everyone on staff, except maybe some of the repair folks, knows my name and remembers it when they see me.

Mike, as well as Chris (the manager) have created a great culture for DRIS. If you only interact with them online, you are missing a great deal of what makes DRIS so special and unusual. :D

Back
Top Bottom