47 meters down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Robot is actually tech savy, you should at least watch a few of the episodes before you completely dis it.

And Sharknado has Greg the DiveMaster from ScubaRadio making guest appearances... so it can't be THAT bad :)

Didn't watch Shallows, wont watch 47 M Down... but will watch Shark Week when it falls into my schedule.

I should have been more clear. I don't want to watch Mr. Robot because too many of my coworkers says it makes them depressed & anxious though they have said it's pretty tech savvy.

Sharknado just bugs the h*ll out of me. I don't know why. I do like Shark Week although some of the programs...blech.

I purposely avoid some movies because I don't want to support stories that vilify sharks like Shallows & 47 M Down.

I should have been more clear. I don't want to watch Mr. Robot because too many of my coworkers says it makes them depressed & anxious though they have said it's pretty tech savvy.

What makes me depressed and anxious is N Korea popping a nuke over the US.... sounds like you have to many millennials as co-workers.... everyone I know that watches it loves it, closest I came to being depressed over that show is when I thought they had cancelled it.

:)

Mr.Robot is really dark and gloomy, but you don't get depressed over a movie unless you already are.

Sharknado was awesome. It raised sharknado awareness worldwide in a way no movie before it ever did. I was crying for the poor sharks all the way through.

They probably hired a dive pro. Once the pro turned it into a short film they rethought hiring a dive pro.

Too funny. I was the nurse who had to accompany my rehab patients to this movie today. It just about drove me CRAZY. Had to come here for the analysis!! Can't stop laughing.

I have never watched Shark Week (although I have seen an episode or three on the Internet). I've had several friends who had segments on Shark Week that said they'd never do it again. I've heard it is getting better... but it had a very long way to go IMHO.

This past weekend I was diving in the dive park and apparently there were shark sighting warnings posted on the adjacent beach. I don't need no Shark Week... dived with plenty of them myself (although the blues in our waters have undergone a precipitous drop in the nearly 50 years I've dived here).

I saw it today. Why? Because it's summer, and summer means ridiculous shark movies.

The technical errors (dropping to 47 meters without equalizing, going back up similarly quickly, no issues with temperature or time, etc.) are obvious, and have already been enumerated. But it's a stupid shark movie, which is all I was asking for today. Some people have said their scuba hobby ruins movies like this for them, but to me, it just adds some knowledge that makes it more engaging. (Like, trying to work out BAR to PSI conversions in my head, since everything in the movie is metric.)

This should be a very short movie, if this were a true scenario, the two would be dead in minutes, likely to be inexperienced divers, dropping to 47m like that they would be narked off their heads, breathing like freight trains hart ponding, which will make their narcosis so much worse.

They would die inside that cage on the bottom floundering around in a narcosis heightened panic, or if they did make it out there would be no controlled ascent, they would be rocketing to the surface finger on the BC inflator button and die of pulmonary barotrauma on the surface. The whole thing would be over in a matter of minutes. .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom