47 meters down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the trailer was just about how long the movie should have been. My opinion about dive movies is their realness should be inversely proportional to to the amount of swim wear. The more thermal protection, the more realistic it needs to be. Jessica Alba in a string? Do what ever the freak you want. Put her in a dry suit and I expect her hanging forty minutes in deco.

The shark in cage video was very cool. The guy in the cage was handled it like a pro.

By now we need a parody - "Not Another Summer Shark Attack Movie!"

Judging from experience, I'd need to be bombed out of my gourd on tequila to watch this - thus sparing my brain cells the agony.

I have not been in scuba very long, just about 12 years, but I pretty much can't watch scuba movies.
Been a cop for 25 years, can't watch cop movies unless they are a comedy like Hot Fuzz.
Been in the martial arts for 33 years, can't watch martial movies unless it is Jackie Chan where he does his own stunts and has fun.

Hobbies ruin movies.

Completely agree with @scuba-flea Hobbies & careers ruin movies for you...& adding to this...& ruin movies for those around you.

I watched Sanctum in the movie theater & all my friends got very mad when I yelled at the screen. Even after I stopped yelling, apparently I muttered & groaned throughout the whole thing.

Same thing with IT tv shows & movies since I work in technology. There was some tv show my friend was excited to see. I watched the first 15 minutes with her & then she left when I couldn't stop laughing.

Same thing with IT tv shows & movies since I work in technology. There was some tv show my friend was excited to see. I watched the first 15 minutes with her & then she left when I couldn't stop laughing.

QUIT PICKING ON MR. ROBOT

QUIT PICKING ON MR. ROBOT

I refuse to watch Mr. Robot. lol The supposed tech show I watched was actually CSI: Cyber. My fav article on the topic called the show, "Hilariously Absurd Technobabble" which is how I like to ascribe to many things now. In fact, this post inspired me to add something similar a la diving to my SB profile just now.

I know some people like movies & tv that are so bad, they're great. And sometimes I do too.

But not CSI: Cyber.

Not Sharknado which for some reason a lot of my dive buddies love

And I don't think I'd enjoy 47 M Down either. Ugh!

I refuse to watch Mr. Robot. lol The supposed tech show I watched was actually CSI: Cyber. My fav article on the topic called the show, "Hilariously Absurd Technobabble" which is how I like to ascribe to many things now. In fact, this post inspired me to add something similar a la diving to my SB profile just now.

I know some people like movies & tv that are so bad, they're great. And sometimes I do too.

But not CSI: Cyber.

Not Sharknado which for some reason a lot of my dive buddies love

And I don't think I'd enjoy 47 M Down either. Ugh!

Mr. Robot is actually tech savy, you should at least watch a few of the episodes before you completely dis it.

And Sharknado has Greg the DiveMaster from ScubaRadio making guest appearances... so it can't be THAT bad :)

Didn't watch Shallows, wont watch 47 M Down... but will watch Shark Week when it falls into my schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom