Dive Master Training in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to go for a dive master internship, hopefully in Roatan. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts and suggestions as which shop to go through. I am leaning towards Coconut Tree divers but I'm open to going to another shop or even another destination. Any info about these internships would be greatly appreciated!

Nothing wrong getting dm rating overseas..BUT stop and think about where you plan on actually using this rating. Plan on using it locally in NJ ? Good luck. Most, if not all, dive facilities will not use a dm that they did not train. Why should they? Same goes for instr training. Why go thru the time and expense if not able to make use of it? Unless you can bring something of great value to the facility they will give any available positions and opportunities to dive pro that was started as a customer and they trained who knows the local scene and shop practices.

Hi Luke! We offer another program here on Roatan through Subway Watersports. Our GoPro Green Divemaster and Instructor Internships are focused on thorough training with the goal of preparing you to work as a professional in the dive industry. The success of our former interns is a testament to that. If you're interested in getting more information, please feel free to e-mail us at internship@subwaywatersports.com. I would be happy to speak with you over the phone or via Skype to ensure all your questions are answered, and I will also put you in touch with some of our former interns so you can hear first hand from them what they thought of our program and how they are utilizing their training now. Best of luck in your Divemaster program search and I hope to hear from you soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom