ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2017 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you suggest for a good repellent?
I think it might be hard to say. Nothing worked for me from REPEL to several different kinds of CACTUS JUICE. I think since everyone's different, maybe I just tasted really good. My friends that I was there with got a few bites but I counted over 90 separate "bites" and I NEVER saw a single mosquito on me or in my bungalow.

If I went back there, you'd probably see me diving like Robert Shaw in "The Deep" - in a pair of lightweight trousers and a long sleeved Oxford shirt. No need for a wetsuit as the water was 83 to 85F and the lightweight shirt and trousers dry out by the time the boat gets back to the dock and then you don't need to bring many extra clothes. People may laugh at my dive outfit but the bug bites were pure misery.

There was something written about a repellant in this thread and now I cant find it. It wasn't deet

can someone help me out

There was something written about a repellant in this thread and now I cant find it. It wasn't deet

can someone help me out

The gift shop next to the dive locker sells CACTUS JUICE brand repellent- several different types. I would advise having something on yourself (REPEL or similiar) before you even get off the plane at RTB.

The gift shop next to the dive locker sells CACTUS JUICE brand repellent- several different types. I would advise having something on yourself (REPEL or similiar) before you even get off the plane at RTB.

thats the stuff --- thanks so much

3 Days to Go
to

:yeahbaby::yeahbaby: ScubaBoard Invasion 2017 Roatan :yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

Most of you have been very quiet.
Don't be shy, give us a post and say hi!

Are you getting ready?
If not, what are you waiting for?

Packing, Travel, Resort and Diving Info
Getting yourself ready to go!

Scubaboard Invasion 2017 Dive Teams & Boat Rotations
Who's in your Dive Team?

SB Invasion 2017 Prize Sponsors

Over $9000 in Prizes so far and that not even counting
the NASE Nitrox Certifications!

I just can't wait to see some familiar face and make new friends!
Activities for the Week
I have also added these to post #2 in the packing thread.

Saturday
~ SB Welcome Party 7:30pm
in the Dining Area

Sunday
~ Father's Day!
~ Fish ID class 6:00pm
in the AKR Scuba School

Monday
~ Maya Key Trip 11:00am - 2:30pm
~ "Happy Hour" 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Tuesday
~ Night Dives Just before sunset

Wednesday
~ "Happy Hour" 5:00pm - 7:00pm
~ Island Fiesta Night 5:00pm - 10:00pm
at the Anthony's Key Pavilion

Thursday
~ Night Dives Just before sunset

Friday
~"Happy Hour" 5:00pm - 7:00pm
~ Enter your photos in the
Underwater Scavenger Hunt 5:00pm - 6:00pm
at the Frangipani (Main) Bar area
~ SB Group Picture 7:00pm
Frangipani (Main) Bar area
~ SB Farewell Party 7:30pm
Dining Area

:coke: I also want to remind everyone on :coke:
the importance of getting Hydrated before
and
staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer and cocktails don't count)
It will be very hot down in Roatan, especially for the northern folks.
Drinking small amounts continually during the day instead of downing 1-2 glasses a day will help your body retain the liquids better.
And remember if your planning on drinking after diving,
drink some water in between drinks
to help with the adverse effects of drinking and dehydration.
:wink::wink: Have fun, but play it smart and safe. o_Oo_O

I'm getting sooooo excited!
:yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby::):p:confused::D:rolleyes::cool::(:mad:o_O:D:p:eek::yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

Hi Roxanne and Dennis:)

Looking forward to Anthony's Key! Had to chuckle when I read the Airline travel section
"Sometimes a carry on can be moved to checked luggage if they run out of room". Wanted to add or left on the runway:)

We are so excited! This week feels like it is taking forever to pass. I have some questions. Is lunch included on arrival day? Should we plan on tipping (DM and captain) each day because we will be rotating? What is the going rate for tipping per day? Thanks so much. Can't wait to meet everyone.

We are so excited! This week feels like it is taking forever to pass. I have some questions. Is lunch included on arrival day? Should we plan on tipping (DM and captain) each day because we will be rotating? What is the going rate for tipping per day? Thanks so much. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Looking forward to meeting you and Blake.
Lunch , As long as they've still serving lunch when you arrive. Looking at your flights you'll probably just make it. If not, they have a snack shop to get something to hold you over till dinner.
Tipping, You're DM will move with you to the week. So you can tip at the end. We'll have a place to tip the captains together for them to share at the end of the week. We'll give more details at the welcome party on Saturday.
Tipping guidelines, There a link to AKR's tipping guide on post #2.
https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/packing-travel-resort-and-diving-tips-for-sb-invasion-2017-roatan.541296/

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom