OTS Guardian FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had to give you grief but I feel your pain.

Thank you again Andy Nelson. It took a quick 3 days [west to east coast] to get the longer wires. I installed them and they make a huge difference. I can equalize easily now. Great customer service!

Thank you again Andy Nelson. It took a quick 3 days [west to east coast] to get the longer wires. I installed them and they make a huge difference. I can equalize easily now. Great customer service!
Glad to hear it -- I appreciate you giving me an opportunity to help! If you ever need anything in the future, you know where to find me.

Cheers and happy diving!

3. If you tend to overbreathe the reg when you are working hard, there is another reg available, the SRG-1 Stealth regulator, compatible with the Guardian, that is designed to deliver a greater volumn of air to help solve this problem.
(If anyone is considering buying a ffm for the first time I would recommend that one of your tests should be to work the mask so that you get huffing and puffing enough to try and overbreathe it. Apparently this feature is very important for you search and rescue types who are under great physical exertion while rescuing or retrieving a body.)
Did your mask come with a first stage? If not, what first stage regulator are you using?

Did your mask come with a first stage? If not, what first stage regulator are you using?

I don't think any of the Guardians come with first stages. At least ours didn't.

I'm considering getting my own for work but they're expensive, even more so when you add a Buddy Phone.

I don't think any of the Guardians come with first stages. At least ours didn't.

I'm considering getting my own for work but they're expensive, even more so when you add a Buddy Phone.
Hi JohnnyC,

You are correct - our products do not include 1st stages. In fact, OTS does not sell 1st stages of any kind.

If you are budget conscious and are looking for a FFM, you may want to take a look at our Spectrum Full Face Mask. It is about half the price of the Guardian FFM, allows you to use your standard 2nd stage and you are able to reach in and pinch your nostrils to equalize. It may be something worth looking at. They have been a huge hit since we debuted them a few months ago...so much in fact we are currently back ordered on black / clear lens and black / coated lens, but are expecting more in the coming months. We do currently have both blue skirt versions in stock.

If you are interested in learning more, you can read more about it here : Spectrum Full Face Mask | Ocean Technology Systems and here : Shop | Ocean Technology Systems

Sorry for calling it a reg. I was referring to the 2nd stage that comes w/ the Guardian. The SGR-1 is a 2nd stage also that will fit the Guardian. No ist stages come w/ the Gurdian.

If you are budget conscious and are looking for a FFM, you may want to take a look at our Spectrum Full Face Mask. It is about half the price of the Guardian FFM, allows you to use your standard 2nd stage and you are able to reach in and pinch your nostrils to equalize. It may be something worth looking at. They have been a huge hit since we debuted them a few months ago...so much in fact we are currently back ordered on black / clear lens and black / coated lens, but are expecting more in the coming months. We do currently have both blue skirt versions in stock.

If you are interested in learning more, you can read more about it here : Spectrum Full Face Mask | Ocean Technology Systems and here : Shop | Ocean Technology Systems

Andy,

Just took a look at the Spectrum, nice. A few questions- I see it is communication compatible, is that for hardwire comms or just wireless? Any public safety dive teams using them? The reason I ask is I currently use an Interspro AGA and have had difficulty getting a seal since I lost some weight. Was thinking about getting the Guardian but the Spectrum really interests me. I plan on using it for public safety diving only. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom