What size tank is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vosss

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I got this in a package deal and I am going to resell it but not sure of the size. I know how to read most tanks but this one has me fooled. It's a stubby steel, about 1/2 the size of an XS 100 but a little fatter. These are the markings, I know what all the first row means.

DOT E9791 - 3500 TP5250
IA 764613

Thinking the 81 is the size but not sure.
20170604_170131_zpsva5xwhz0.jpg

Probably a PST 65 (67 cu Ft).
If so, should be 7.25" OD, same as HP100, and about 16.75" tall.

You would need to post the diameter and length (to the neck) in order for anyone to know with certainty.

It's 7.25 x 17

so the 7.25 should be the same as the 100 that you're comparing it against. It may be plus or minus a bit due to the galvanizing process, but they're the same nominal dimensions. At 17" it's a stubby PST HP65. Should have the same buoyancy characteristics as most 3442 steel bottles with a few expections. The Worthington 100's being the exception and about 1.5lbs more negative than the normal ones

After consulting my references, I concur with T-bone. It is the PST 65. No other PST is that close to those dimensions. Empty weight for your cylinder is about 26#. Buoyance ranges from empty at -1.5 to full at -6.4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom