What is the Best Dive center/boat and where is the best reef in the Florida Keys??.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Robinson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I want to always make the best decision on where to spend my very hard earned money. I/we need to know "Who is the Best Dive center/Boat to book with?" and "Where are the best Reefs to visit?" in the Florida Keys. I want to book a trip soon. And I want it to be a good experience for the money.

Thank You in advance for all of the great advice.

Bad operators don't stay in business in the Keys very long..... too much competition.

Given your profile indicates you have less than 25 dives, I recommend Key Largo and Rainbow Reef. There are lots of beautiful shallow reefs in the upper keys that are perfect for your experience level. Look at RR's webste: all the reef trips are to sites that are nice to great. RR puts guides in the water which is nice for people that are unfamiliar with the sites: there is no extra fee for the guides. I usually dive with RR once or twice a year. The only downside of RR is that it is a popular shop with good service, so the boats are usually full. They've got big Newtons so there's still some elbow room, but not a lot

My main dive operator is Conch Republic Divers whose main boat is also a Newton.... they are really good for divers that are more independent/experienced or simply don't desire a guide. They also go to sites other boats don't hit quite as often given their location. I usually dive with CRD three times a year.

I've dove with Islamorada Dive Center a couple of times. They put guides in the water too. We went to deeper reefs on the trips I've been on, not sure that'd make much sense for you. They seem like a good outfit.

If you want a six pack, try Quescence. Good people and good shop, but I don't use them much since I don't like small boats.

Bad operators don't stay in business in the Keys very long..... too much competition.

Given your profile indicates you have less than 25 dives, I recommend Key Largo and Rainbow Reef. There are lots of beautiful shallow reefs in the upper keys that are perfect for your experience level. Look at RR's webste: all the reef trips are to sites that are nice to great. RR puts guides in the water which is nice for people that are unfamiliar with the sites: there is no extra fee for the guides. I usually dive with RR once or twice a year. The only downside of RR is that it is a popular shop with good service, so the boats are usually full. They've got big Newtons so there's still some elbow room, but not a lot

My main dive operator is Conch Republic Divers whose main boat is also a Newton.... they are really good for divers that are more independent/experienced or simply don't desire a guide. They also go to sites other boats don't hit quite as often given their location. I usually dive with CRD three times a year.

I've dove with Islamorada Dive Center a couple of times. They put guides in the water too. We went to deeper reefs on the trips I've been on, not sure that'd make much sense for you. They seem like a good outfit.

If you want a six pack, try Quescence. Good people and good shop, but I don't use them much since I don't like small boats.

What he said.

Give Rainbow Reef a call 305-451-5533. We provide in water guides at no charge. We will take you to the best reefs around Key Largo. Molasses Reef, French Reef.

Scuba Diving Florida Keys | Rainbow Reef Dive Center | Key Largo, FL - is the website.

If you travel to the Lower Keys make sure you go to Looe Key which is another beautiful reef offshore of Big Pine Key.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom