SB Venice Beach Dive

When do you want to dive Venice Beach 2017??? You may select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info @adurso

I'll be in the area (Nokomis) in June. I'll try to check out the Alhambra Road location.

This the area?

upload_2017-5-21_10-38-32.png

Yes, never park in the condo area, they will tow.

There are two sandbars to cross on the way out, from the air sharks can be seen on them, I have never seen one in the water there.

My wife and I have been charged by dolphins there, however.

There are two sandbars to cross on the way out, from the air sharks can be seen on them, I have never seen one in the water there.

Just north of this location is the Venice Beach parking area. Is it not a better parking/entry point? (I hate trying to plan a trip when I don't know where I'm going :) )

Just north of this location is the Venice Beach parking area. Is it not a better parking/entry point? (I hate trying to plan a trip when I don't know where I'm going :) )

The Venice Beach location was great until a few years ago when they did a sand replenishment and buried the reef. It is farther away then it seems.

Casperson Beach has nearby parking no showers on site, walk from the lot across the beach boardwalk and swim straight out about a hundred yards.

The best bottom is around twenty feet.

How much do they charge?
fuelfire.gif

How much do they charge?
View attachment 410805

My wife's aluminum 60.

Sometimes dolphins see divers as competition, and want them to feed elsewhere.

We were on the surface and two came zipping at us a couple of times, gave my wife a heart attack, so to speak.

Told her to drop down and go to the beach along the bottom.

She burned through her tank.

Thanks for the info and photos, I'm more confident/hopeful of a successful trip this time :)

I want to attend but have zero clue
I've heard this often about you! :D :D :D

The good teeth seem to be further south than the park. In fact, I usually hit Alhambra and head south another 100 yards in order to get into good teeth.

I've heard this often about you! :D :D :D

The good teeth seem to be further south than the park. In fact, I usually hit Alhambra and head south another 100 yards in order to get into good teeth.
It's a damn good thing you are a Gator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom