Prescription Mask Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of Tusa masks (maybe others, too?) accept Tusa's drop in prescription lenses, which are only about $30 per side.

Cressi does it for (at least) big eyes line, and I believe dive gear express sells rx masks now too. My wife bought hers from deepblue after her first ow pool dive and has been using it ever since.

I am thinking of getting a prescription dive mask and was looking from feedback from other divers that have done this already. Especially looking for advice on retailers.

I have been diving with prescription glasses (bifocals) for over 15 years. Cannot stand contacts. I completely concur with the recommendation of Prescription Dive Masks, they can fit pretty much any prescription into pretty much any mask, and offer many options for lenses. If you are thinking about buying lenses directly from the manufacturer, which is a cheaper and faster option, be aware that some of them (Tusa in particular) sell positive diopter lenses only as gauge readers, so if you need a positive correction over your entire field of vision you may be out of luck. Happened to me...

I have been diving with prescription glasses (bifocals) for over 15 years. Cannot stand contacts. I completely concur with the recommendation of Prescription Dive Masks, they can fit pretty much any prescription into pretty much any mask, and offer many options for lenses. If you are thinking about buying lenses directly from the manufacturer, which is a cheaper and faster option, be aware that some of them (Tusa in particular) sell positive diopter lenses only as gauge readers, so if you need a positive correction over your entire field of vision you may be out of luck. Happened to me...

True for *some* Tusa masks, but not all?
Here's -8.0 to +4.5, with no mention of bifocals:

Tusa

Back
Top Bottom