Hotels in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also dove with Sam's and had a great time. They are a much larger operation than PDA, so it is busier in the mornings and afternoons when the boats are going out and coming back, but when I was there in February only had 6 divers on the boat. Their Bottom Time Bar and Grill is a nice place to hang out after diving. Neco Marine is another dive op that gets very good reviews. It is across the main highway from Sam's, on the water too, and their Drop Off Bar and Grill is also a nice place to hang out post dive. Neco has newer facilities than Sams and slightly faster boats.

I'm not sure about the other hotels but at PPR, they have their own pier and Sams would pick us up and drop us off each day there. Of course if you wanted to go back to Sam's and have a drink or eat at their bar they would take you there and then give you a ride back to the hotel.

We just returned from another amazing trip to Palau. Our trip was "Over the Top" as one of our group stated. We were at Palau Pacific Resort ( PPR ) for a few days before our liveaboard trip. The PPR was top notch with the best beach in Palau & very good snorkeling right in front of the resort. Sea kayaking & Stand Up Paddle boarding right from the PPR was a plus. The food & staff were excellent. Very friendly!

The PPR has one of the best locations in Palau. The Japanese choose a choice spot to put their sea plane base during WWII. There is some history to explore. Also a nature hike to see the national bird & a superb view.

If you can swing it, well worth the money. Our whole group was very satisfied.

I Recently got back from Palau and stayed at Palau Central Hotel. The price is similar to West Plaza but much better accommodations. It is new though and currently under construction, so it can be noisy during the day. I was out diving/exploring everyday so this was never a problem. I've dived with Sams and Fish and Fins and can recommend both. Sams is very popular so can be very busy.... and I think like the food at Fish and Fins is a little better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom