SubSurface and Mares Puck - what are these alerts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Importing files from a Mares Puck, I'm getting a whole bunch of "alert" icons on the profile. I looked at the file, and can't quite figure what is being interpreted as a "warning'. Any ideas?

upload_2017-5-13_9-58-44.png

Bob
Those are indeed crazy. You might try to export that dive into a UDDF file and open with a text editor or browser. Then try a find on alarm and see what is associated like "surface or whatever". If you want you can right click on the yellow triangle and choose to hide similar events.

Not much help there I know.. I can not see what would be alarming that frequently on that profile.

edit: After more research just export to Subsurface XML file and review events.

Last edited:
Try right clicking on the first alert and selecting "hide similar events".

After more research just export to Subsurface XML file and review events.

yeah, likely a next step....

It was on the arm of a new diver, and I am thinking it might have been a little too much "arm swimming"...

Here's a thought: next dive attach it to their BCD for the dive or half of the dive that might
even be better. Or even in a pocket.. the diver probably is not checking very often yet anyway.

ascent alarm...

thing is, I'd like to know it where it matters, so hiding the event is problematic....

Yes, it could very well be a good teaching tool. My thoughts were show the profile to the diver when it is on their arm and then when it is attached to BCD. Explain..

Sorry I should have been more clear. When you right click and select hide similar results it states what the alert is. I tried it and it stated they were Max Depth i didnt have that many alerts though. Itvwas just a quick way to see what the alert was.

Last edited:
When you hover on top of the alarm icon, the information box should display what that alarm is. It can be quite a few different alarms with the same icon. And it could be multiple different reasons for these in this particular dive. Anyway, the event tags in the Subsurface XML file should also give you info on what the warnings are (as you already noticed).

Back
Top Bottom