Izu - how to coordinate 5 days diving Osezaki + Izu Oceanic Park ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cephalopod2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Inspired by reports from Dr. Richard Smith and the DeLoaches, my macro loving friend & I are working on a 3 week dive trip to Japan this July.

We've got Hachijo-jima and Okinawa organized but we've been really struggling to book what we hope will be 5 days diving the Izu Peninsula.

We were hoping to dive Osezaki + Izu Oceanic Park but both recommended dive ops we contacted (one in each area) don't seem to have any English speakers on staff and sadly we do not speak Japanese.

Has anyone organized an Izu trip like this? Does anyone have recommendations for a guide or dive op that could help organize/coordinate diving?

Is it too ambitious to try to do both IOP and Osezaki in 5 days? Should we be trying to do only one instead?

We each have 1000+ dives and will have all our own equipment except for tanks and weights.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's why you have the local guys/groups like DiveZone Tokyo to help you out !!

I am in Osezaki almost once a month and if you email me your dates, I can check if it matches my calendar. There are a few other divecenter I might be able to contact in your behalf ! Even if I can not join you.

Logistically you can do both sites in 5 days easily and not even lose a day to travel if you are willing to do early morning trains.

Just email me through website in my signature and I will help out !

Cheers

Discovery Divers Tokyo is another good group in the area that may help.

Inspired by reports from Dr. Richard Smith and the DeLoaches, my macro loving friend & I are working on a 3 week dive trip to Japan this July.

We've got Hachijo-jima and Okinawa organized but we've been really struggling to book what we hope will be 5 days diving the Izu Peninsula.

We were hoping to dive Osezaki + Izu Oceanic Park but both recommended dive ops we contacted (one in each area) don't seem to have any English speakers on staff and sadly we do not speak Japanese.

Has anyone organized an Izu trip like this? Does anyone have recommendations for a guide or dive op that could help organize/coordinate diving?

Is it too ambitious to try to do both IOP and Osezaki in 5 days? Should we be trying to do only one instead?

We each have 1000+ dives and will have all our own equipment except for tanks and weights.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Ceph
We have some upcoming dive events scheduled for those locations...you'd have to check in with us to see if they match your needs. J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom