Opinions on XDeep NX wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typhon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anybody here tried the NX series wings from xdeep and can make a quick comparison with regular wings ? According to the overall reviews, they seem to be quite nice, but I'm wondering if they could have any drawback comparing to usual BP/W systems (especially the Zeos and Hydros from the same brand).

I'm guessing not-compatibility of the BP with other wings/harnesses (and the opposite) might be one, although they do exist in both single and twin tank setups. Is the backplate as strong as the classical one ?

By the way, I'm not considering the cost as a drawback here, and I'm more specifically focused on the NX Zen and Project, not the Ghost (which seems to fit another whole role).

Thanks for your help !

I have an NX Project. I did a review here....

Review: XDeep NX Project Wing

Overall, it's a really great wing...and especially for warm water tech. It's innovative in many ways... the inflator is clever, as is the Y-shaped crotch strap.

My other wings are a Halcyon Evolve and a Custom Divers TDB. The XDeep is my favorite.

IMG_9517.JPG
IMG_9523.JPG

Thanks for your answer. What do you think about the hypothetical issues I raised (strength of the BP + adaptability single/twin) ?

Backplate seems fine, based in my use so far. Never had a backplate issue with any rig, so I'm not sure what you mean really.

Its a narrower cut than many double wings, so I guess it'd take better to a single tank than many. But I've never been an advocate for multi-rolling wings...Nine work great for singles and doubles.

Yeah I do not intend to use the same rig for single and double, but I'd like not to change the whole set. As far as I understood you could use the same BP and harness and only change the wing itself, are you saying it wouldn't work as well with the NX ones ? You seem to be really happy with the NX Project and two tanks so I'm not sure what you mean by "Its a narrower cut than many double wings, so I guess it'd take better to a single tank than many.".

I have an NX Project. I did a review here....
Hi Andy thanks for the review. I see that Xdeep only makes a 52lb version of the wing. In the water, does it feel draggier than 40lb wings from other brands, or does the new wing design make it an insignificant difference?

Hi Andy thanks for the review. I see that Xdeep only makes a 52lb version of the wing. In the water, does it feel draggier than 40lb wings from other brands, or does the new wing design make it an insignificant difference?

I think they've shaped the wing really well. It doesn't feel 'draggier' at all compared to my 40lb Evolve.

They also really minimised the tube at the top.. combined with the flexible/soft inflator-join assembly, it really frees up a lot of space behind the neck, improving trim (neck angle) and promoting easy access to the valves.

I used an Evolve for many years, but I'm much preferring my XDeep now.

Not found anything negative with the XDeep yet.... and a few advantages as spelled out in my review.

Not found anything negative with the XDeep yet.... and a few advantages as spelled out in my review.

Do you happen to know if the XDeep NX is considered GUE compliant? It's pretty much DIR philosophy, but the Y shaped crotch strap and location of rear D rings is different...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom