Pool Practice Diving in Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think pools are often worried about duty of care. Instructors can organize access for courses because they have insurance for that. Otherwise it's much harder but not unheard of. Unfortunately I only tool up diving after university, but I've heard very good things about Melbourne (and Monash) dive clubs, and universities have pools so access might be easier.

The dive shops already mentioned are great. As are the pier dives. Rickets Point is closer to you if you don't want to drive >1hr just to check waiting. I haven't dived it myself but I think OD would. A bit shallower than the others I believe.

I just want to say the response on this forum has been great!

I've since joined both the Melbourne University and Ocean Divers, clubs. Loads of opportunities to dive and great rates on dive gear. I was on a couple of dives in Blairgowrie this past weekend. It was great for getting acclimated with my new gear.

I'm looking forward to exploring all these little gems. Thanks again!

Mornington Pier is fantastic for training dives as it reaches 8-10m depth and is well sheltered from the ocean, usually quite calm underneath. Only issue is the poor visibility.

Ocean Divers are fantastic. They've been my go-to diving shop since I moved back to Melbourne a year and a half ago.

Back
Top Bottom