Scubapro MK15 serivce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dimitrik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know where I may be able to find the repair manual for the MK15? No luck on frogkick or google. Any help would be appreciated.

So I found the schematic 10-600-000_mk15_rev_b.pdf. I'm thinking there isn't a repair guide but just this technical service schematic. Can anyone confirm?

So I found the schematic 10-600-000_mk15_rev_b.pdf. I'm thinking there isn't a repair guide but just this technical service schematic. Can anyone confirm?

You are corrrect I believe. I may have the latest schematic, I'll check and message you. FWIW every SP manual I've ever seen looks like the intern wrote it.

You are corrrect I believe. I may have the latest schematic, I'll check and message you. FWIW every SP manual I've ever seen looks like the intern wrote it.

Ha, interns have to do something while paid employees are out diving with new gear.

Anything you have would be greatly appreciated. I have been collecting tools and kits over the last couple of years. I also have an old MK15 that's been sitting in a drawer for the last 5 years and I figure now is as good a time as any to get my hands dirty. It's my understanding that these are more difficult to service than the 25's. If I can get this one done right I won't be as worried about opening up my MK25's.

I've never seen an actual MK15 repair guide, but I have several and have worked on them quite a bit. If you have any specific questions, I might be able to help you. Two quick tips; 1) you need a special skinny pair of circlip pliers and a specific bushing installation tool. Scubatools has both. 2) Don't try to remove the plastic bushing on the ambient chamber side of the HP o-ring. There is another one on the HP side of the o-ring that you do replace. These bushings are both part #9 in the schematic I have.

I love the MK15, I think it's an under-appreciated 1st stage. They did have a somewhat disastrous recall where the first batch seats was getting impaled by the piston when not-so-smart techs were adjusting the IP while pressurized, but they quickly did away with that set up and replaced it with a reliable seat and shims for IP adjustment.

Thanks for the heads up on that bushing and tool halocline. I had read about it on some previous threads but part #9 tells me exactly what you guys were talking about now. I agree that the MK15 is a great reg. I had it paired with a D400 and when tuned correctly I liked it more than my 25/S600.

So I finally got my bushing installation tool and decided to rebuild my MK15. Everything went well with the exception of that stupid clip ring and getting the old hp seat out . I should have listened to halocline and ordered the clip tool from Scubatools. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be and having the right tools made all the difference.

I do have one question regarding corrosion/rust? I was able to get all the green corrosion cleaned up in my ultrasonic cleaner but I noticed a reddish/pinkish oxidation on the air inlet under the filter that I was unable to clean up. Does anyone know what this is and if it's going to pose a problem. It almost looks like the chrome has worn off and the brass is starting to oxidize. I just want to make sure it's okay and i'm not going to die of red stuff inhalation :)

I tried to take a picture. You can kind of see what i'm talking about but there is a lot more under that filter. Any feedback, guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 201
Thanks for the feedback halocline. You've been a huge help. The first stages seem to be pretty straight forward. Hopefully the S600's and G250HP's end up going just as smooth.

I've never seen an actual MK15 repair guide, but I have several and have worked on them quite a bit. If you have any specific questions, I might be able to help you. Two quick tips; 1) you need a special skinny pair of circlip pliers and a specific bushing installation tool. Scubatools has both. 2) Don't try to remove the plastic bushing on the ambient chamber side of the HP o-ring. There is another one on the HP side of the o-ring that you do replace. These bushings are both part #9 in the schematic I have.

I love the MK15, I think it's an under-appreciated 1st stage. They did have a somewhat disastrous recall where the first batch seats was getting impaled by the piston when not-so-smart techs were adjusting the IP while pressurized, but they quickly did away with that set up and replaced it with a reliable seat and shims for IP adjustment.

Uh oh. From your description it sounds like I may have the recalled model. Mine has an adjustment on the bottom on the outside--no shims. I read your post before adjusting the IP and did so unpressurized :) There is no IP creep so it seems like the seat is OK. What do you think?

I was buying a computer/console on eBay and this just happened to come with it. It's a MK15 with a G200B second. It also came with service kits for both stages :) I have instructions for the G200B but may have some questions when the time comes to rebuild.

Is there a way to "Save" a thread within ScubaBoard? I have it on my browser but it's a bit messy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom