Missing Cave Diver rescued after 2 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think he's got steel balls... Respect their will to live.. Like I always say.. keep on working the problem... One step at a time..
Great work by great guys..

Jim..

I think he's got steel balls... Respect their will to live.. Like I always say.. keep on working the problem... One step at a time..
Great work by great guys..

Jim..
As the adage goes - stop, breathe, think and act.

They took their time and came up with a methodology that maximised the opportunity for them both to survive. Had they both tried to escape chances are both would be dead. Talk about trusting your buddy though.

This is an incredible story. Forgive my ignorance, but how did he not end up in a chamber?

Last edited by a moderator:
The initial post said depth 40 meters for 2 days. If the 40 meters was actually water depth he was saturated. How deep in actual water was he? Or what deco did he go through. Or what did I miss.

40 meters under ground, not below the water level, is how I read that. Probably a cave above the water table, but under a hill/mountain.

(...)If the 40 meters was actually water depth(...)

Nothing lost in translation, the original article did not state more details. It may however not be water-depth reasoned by the attempt to drill trough 37m rock. If it was, there would be a counter water pressure emptying the cave trough the drill hole.

I believe (but do not know for sure) the interpretation may be 40m below ground surface, like archer mentiones.

Simply miraculous. . .that boy should go out and buy a lottery ticket. . .

He may have used up his entire lifetime allotment of luck in one shot.

Back
Top Bottom