Seals on neoprene drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
can systems like the si tech be installed on a neoprene suit? I may be getting abused one (free) but it will need new seals.

Cool. I meant to say a used one. Is it tough to change the boots on one if needed?

I won't DIY. The suit has a rear entry (shoulders) would that keep me from installing a neck seal seal system?

It could, depending on where they whole is in relation to the zipper. Honestly though, there is a 99.9% chance we can install it with no issues due to the zipper. Typically very small back entry suits have the issue

You can have a latex neck seal put on your neoprene drysuit as well. More freedom of movement and less constriction of your arteries / veins.

More freedom of movement and less constriction of your arteries / veins.

Why do you say that?

I have a compressed neoprene suit with latex seals and a tri-lam suit that had latex seals. I've just recently gotten the tri-lam back from DRiS where I had the Si Tech Quick Neck system installed. They were out of stock on silicone neck seals when they returned my suit, so they put in a new latex seal to get me by and then shipped me the silicone seal to install when it came into stock.

I have now done 2 dives with the silicone neck seal (in the Quick Neck system). I like it way better than any of the latex neck seals I have had or still have. I trimmed my own latex neck seals and I have trimmed the silicone seal. I don't have any restriction of movement and the silicone seal is more comfortable (to me, of course).

Both my suits came with latex wrist seals, too. The Kubi permanent rings with silicone seals are also more comfortable (to me) than any of the latex wrist seals I have used. With both my suits, the latex wrist seals would usually end up making my hands feel a little tingly after I got out from a dive. Like circulation to my hands was a little restricted. I don't get that at all with the silicone seals. I will admit, though, on the wrist seals, I never trimmed any of them.

The silicone seals just don't feel as "pinchy" (for lack of a better word) and they don't feel like they squeeze as hard/tight.

I absolutely love the silicone seals. I was lucky and didn't have to trim the neck or wrist seals at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom