MV Emperor Virgo 23 Apr - 30 Apr 2017 anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone here on the same boat to Maldives on MV Emperor Virgo from 23 Apr - 30 Apr?
During our preparation for our trip to Male, we decided to check with the Turkish airlines for any restrictions for carry-on and checked bags. During our first call we were told no electronics in the cabin, except for cell phones. All other electronics must be checked. We were also told that Lithium Ion batteries have been banned from both carry-on and checked bags. I started thinking about this after the call was over. It didn't make sense to me, because laptops have lithium ion batteries. I called again to specifically about electronics that have Lithium Ion batteries such as computers, dive lights, and cameras. He said they are ok to have checked, and confirmed that are not allowed in the cabin.

Does anyone have any very recent experience traveling with Turkish Airlines, while carrying electronics with Lithium Ion batteries, and are willing to share your experience?

Close...I will be on the MV Emperor Serenity that week.

I am planning to book a trip on this boat for August. Would love to hear your review and feedback.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom