Plans for 2017?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you end up in the NJ area - we have plenty wrecks that you can penetrate. Let me know. Private boat diving in Cape May can be fun!

Awesome! I might take you up on that offer.

In addition to frequent dives here in California waters...
  • Two weeks in Roatan, Honduras. Dive dive dive, and dive some more.
  • Diving Scapa Flow and the Straits of Dover during my trip to England.

Did a couple days of diving in January during a cruise; booked independently of the ship in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. After finally completing my Master Diver last September in Grand Cayman during a week at Sunset House, this year's big trip will be spending a full week in Cozumel at Hotel Coz from 8/20-27. Hopefully will get a long weekend in south Florida sometime this summer (might go to Bugfest in Lauderdale by the Sea - did that a few years ago and had a blast - plus won some sweet gear at the raffle (complete Princeton Tec light set and a really nice dry box).

Anyone else going to be in Cozumel that week of August?

My plans for 2017 are kind of fluid atm.

I had been planning on 2 trips - one to Scapa Flow and another to the Red Sea. Due to being busy and not booking it looks like both trips have filled up so not getting either. Scapa might have been a bit of a stretch as I would need a drysuit there and at present I haven't got one and would need to get familiar with it before going as well.

On the training side, I am actually planning on doing a crossover to SCOTSAC as there is a very active club within 5 minutes of my house where they are out most weekends. Should be fairly easy as there are only a couple of small things I need to tick off but might take a few weeks to get the theory and dives done depending on instructor availability.

Once I have the crossover in place I can then pick and choose who I dive with depending on availability.

In general I need to dive a lot more than last year - only did about 30 dives and would have loved to have done double that.
Update on my plans - trip wise I am going to get on the trip to the Red Sea :yeahbaby: but not Scapa.

Have ordered a MTM drysuit which I should get in a couple of weeks. Once that happens I am good to go.

I have signed up with SCOTSAC but my crossover training has been on hold for a couple of months due to personal issues. I should be able to get back in the swing of things pretty quick and get a lot more diving in.

I've got my open water certification dives on Lake Michigan later this month. After that I plan on diving as many wrecks as I can in the area, and hopefully a winter trip to Florida or Mexico.

Belize live aboard in June and Roatan in August. May get one short run down to San Carlos for a long weekend in the fall too but will see. Other non diving trips planned (F1 race in October, anniversary get away in July).

Getting EAN cards in a week. Been going thru gear, ordered some new stuff. 47 days and counting.

Get Nitrox cert
As many fresh and salt water dives as I can get in over long weekends
Aqua Cat last week of August
Western Caribbean cruise just before and over new years

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom