3mm or 5mm wetsuit in Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Anilao in late December and the water got down to 25C on some dives, but most were 26C. Either take a 5mm and you should be fine, or if you do just want to take a 3mm, also pack a hooded vest which you can throw on underneath if necessary. Some of the guides were in 5mm and hooded vests...You start to feel it after a few days.

That's not bad, I wear my 1 mm down to 22C. I should be good with my diveskin and sharkskin vest for the night dives. I really hate wearing a hood, so I probably won't take my hooded vest along.

Hard to make a blanket recommendation as different folks have different tolerances to "cold." I was there for 20 days, did 60 dives (some totalling more than two hours) and dove in a 3mm full wetsuit and hooded 3mm vest.

Just back from Anilao. Wtaer temperature went down from 25° to 24°. Since the dives are long and the wind was present during intervals, I was COLD with my 5mm wetsuit. And I was not the only one to dislike the cold.

Just got back and it was 25 C. I thought I'd be a hero and dive with my 2mm (2 piece) ...stupid idea! Froze my butt off, shivering within 20 min!
Hired one of Buceo's nice new 5mm suits PLUS my 2mm jacket underneath. Then I was nice and warm.

It's amazing what a difference 2 degrees makes. At 28 C the 2mm is more than enough for me.

I think that the difference is that anilao dives are "muck diving" for a big part. This means: shallow depth, thus loooooong dive times with practically no finning. Some of our dives were 90 minutes........

A full length suit will also provide physical protection in the water (e.g. stingers, jelly fish, anything on the bottom if you are a photographer). I wore a 5mm (likely now a 4mm) suit in January; water temperature was 26C.

A full length suit will also provide physical protection in the water (e.g. stingers, jelly fish, anything on the bottom if you are a photographer). I wore a 5mm (likely now a 4mm) suit in January; water temperature was 26C.

Hello,
Next month I go to Anilao for 10 days of diving. My first time there. I am wondering if folks who have been there, think I need a 3mm or 5mm wetsuit? What did you wear? I'm torn...........

Water in Anilao was 26C last weekend (25 March), and that is as cold as it gets there. Temps will start creeping up now as summer has arrived - so April expect 27C or more .. I normally dive there year round with just a 1.5mm wet suit, and max I would suggest anyone needs there is 3mm,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom