Filmmaker Rob Stewart's family files wrongful death lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so glad the other side of the story is finely out so all the expert Sotis haters like St John/Sutton can be seen that their opinions on this were nothing but BS

looks like sotis has talked to david cannon the lawyer 2 mfg used to beat their lawsuits ......robs sister should have contacted him first

I'm so glad the other side of the story is finely out so all the expert Sotis haters like St John/Sutton can be seen that their opinions on this were nothing but BS

Even David Concannon said the truth lies somewhere in the middle. A rational approach might be not to overly align oneself with any particular party.

I may be wrong in my recollection, but:

I thought that the original reports saying Sotis, was incapacitated (fainted I believe?) were corrected by Mr Sotis himself on a Facebook post (Add Helium?), stating he wasn't taken ill (or something similar)?

The Statement from his lawyers seem to contradict that.

I'm confused

I also find the "three dives was always the plan" part confusing. Is Sotis saying they planned to have to remove the hook? Or that the hook retrieval was actually an unplanned fourth dive?

I found that to be a strange statement. It seemed to (unintentionally) undermine the credibility of everything that came after.

It was an interesting choice of words, indeed, particularly from one who presumably chooses his words carefully.

But, empirically speaking, is often true in contested matters.

I may be wrong in my recollection, but:

I thought that the original reports saying Sotis, was incapacitated (fainted I believe?) were corrected by Mr Sotis himself on a Facebook post (Add Helium?), stating he wasn't taken ill (or something similar)?

The Statement from his lawyers seem to contradict that.

I'm confused
I believe he said he didn't pass out as was stated in earlier statements, he never said he wasn't having a medical issue.

looks like sotis has talked to david cannon the lawyer 2 mfg used to beat their lawsuits ......robs sister should have contacted him first
Concannon is retained by a number of companies, including mine. Also rEvo. It would have been a conflict for David to work for Rob's sister without knowing who the named parties would be.

Rob's family contacted one of the best (by reputation) personal injury attorneys in the county where Add Helium is located. That's what they were supposed to do. David defends rebreather lawsuits. That's what he is supposed to do.

So as Pete stated the press conference served a few purposes but primary to inflict pain. I also think based on the attorneys stance they make accusations of poor and rushed training. they are hoping that he and his business suffer at this point as well. In addition he cites that Mr Sotis has a different set of standards for decompression than the Navy and what is considered acceptable. They are hoping that others that had a "poor training" experience with Mr Sotis will come out after seeing the press conference and show a pattern of rushing the training.

Back
Top Bottom