Need Recommendation for PADI Divemaster course in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy zombie thread Batman!

As to my understanding, you only need insurance if you are working as a DM (in any capacity) or representing yourself as one. Also, when diving for fun with a regular op, I just show my basic OW card.

As a DM you only need to carry insurance if you are working as a DM for a shop. You are always free to show your Open water card any time you want to. Not so much as an instructor, once you are an instructor if one of your students dies, and his family wants to sue someone you may be included in the suit just for grins, even years after you instructed them. the insurance only covers current policy holders, and you are on your own without it. I just make sure I cover all the bases when I instruct so as to avoid this situation as well as possible. also I stay broke, so no real advantage to suing me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom