jet fin question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nightfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have heard the scubapro jet fin runs small to size, is this true?
I wear a 10.5 D with a 5 mm zip up boot. Would I order a Large or XL with the spring heel strap? How much do these fins weigh? Thanks!

unfortunately no way of knowing without the exact dimensions of that boot. Gut feeling would say XL though. They weigh quite a bit. There are better fins out there for most applications, but can't talk about them since this is in the scubapro subforum. Do some searching around on the forum, you'll find the answers you're looking for

They run very small. I'm a size 11 U S men's and I had to get an XXL jet fin to be able to fit a drysuit boot or 7mm wet suit boot in it. I tried both L and XL first but couldn't squeeze them in.

The fins do run small. I recommend an XL with the spring. A single XL fin with the spring weighs 3.6 pounds. Hopefully this helps.

Have fun.

Yes, as others have said they run small. According to SP at size 6.5-7 in 5mm wet boots US I should be medium, no way medium fit I got large.

Jet L runs very smaller, both the fin and the foot pocket. My wife wear size 7 women (size 6 men) wet boot fits perfectly into L. I am size 8.5 men, and don't fit with either dry or wet. I think their Medium is for kids, and wonder who can use the Small.

XL foot pocket is about true to size IMO. It is just slightly larger than I prefer when I wear turbo sole. XL fin size is significantly larger the L fins size.

XXL foot pocket is very large. The difference between XL to XXL is much greater than from L to XL. Fin surface wise, XXL and XL is just slightly larger.

I kind of think size 10.5 in wet boot, XL maybe fit.

plus there's a marked difference in blade size between l and xl. is there no one near you who uses jets so you can try them on? if not, upgrade your friends. :wink:

have a old picture that show the blade size different between XL and L

left = jet XL, right = Jet L. Middle is OMS slipstream L
20130315_223825.jpg

I wear a size 11 soft soled 7mm wet suit boot and the XL fits like a glove. It is almost to the point of needing to drill a hole at the toe of the foot pocket to get them off a little easier. Mine are a pretty old set, so I am unsure if the sizing has changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom