Shopping for a 5mm, 10 years later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adutto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Forum!
After 10 years of outstanding service my 5mm Long John gave up :oops:. This is a sad moment, sad indeed.... I was quite attached to it. Its manufacturer is a local south american one, which I wont be able to find here in the USA.

Now I begin my replacement journey, my apparel already has a 3mm shorty, vests, a drysuit and all sorts of hoods and gloves, so I need to find a replacement for this specific "thermal slot", so I'm asking for recommendations, any tip on a manufacturer and model that you love or hate would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I moved from a BARE Velocity 3mm to a BARE Velocity 5mm a couple of years ago, and I absolutely love the suit. What drew me to it was, among others, the zippered ankles (which the 3mm didn't have), as well as the excellent support the thicker material gives to my legs.

Have a look at Waterproof - W4 is a solid 5 mm suit.

I ended up getting a Water-Proof W4 5mm.
I definitelly recommend it to everyone, really nice and also the size choices are quite broad!

Cheers and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom