Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DGX shorts are fine for $50, but understand they run LARGE. I have a 34 waist and replaced med with small. No problems in 50+ dives.

The DGX shorts are fine for $50, but understand they run LARGE. I have a 34 waist and replaced med with small. No problems in 50+ dives.
That's a good price...

I have the Highland version of the DGX short. I bought it before DGX's came out. They are designed to be wore on top of a wetsuit or drysuit, so they run a little large if you just have swim chunk underneed

I have the Highland version of the DGX short. I bought it before DGX's came out. They are designed to be wore on top of a wetsuit or drysuit, so they run a little large if you just have swim chunk underneed
I sell/use the Highlands as well...these Apeks seem much more rugged, functional and better fitting. Hope they do well this season...

I have the Highland shorts. 200 dives and they still fit pretty well and are not showing much wear. I am happy with them. That being said, when I looked at the Apeks shorts in the store they seemed much hardier, with bigger and better pockets and a fit that would support heavier things in the pockets. But, they were $165!!. I passed. I would seriously consider them but for that price.

But, they were $165!!. I passed. I would seriously consider them but for that price.

I found a pair on eBay from the U.K. After the exchange rate, I paid about $120 shipped.

Sorry to bump a old post but i thought i'd add my 2 cents to this:

I've been using these shorts for about 500 dives now. At first i was very impressed. The pockets are great. The D rings are very handy. But they should have done a better job of the stitching. It is very poorly stitched and that stitching is covered by a glued on bit of nylon that comes off very fast.The crotch aria on mine is coming apart unfortunately. Apeks were on to a winner with this one but effed up massively on the detail of stitching it up. Its also unfortunate that the pockets themselves are not neoprene as the pocket material on my set has also suffered. Apparently the rubber seal on my spare mask is wearing a hole into the pocket. Apeks should review this product and fix these issues. If these are addressed this is a near perfect product.

The shorts seem nice, but wouldn't it be more logical if they made a single leg accessory with a pocket on it? That way you could likely reduce the cost and make it easier to don and replace.

Back
Top Bottom