Anyone want to dive Monterey next month?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caligula

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey.

I'm starting a new job in Alameda in March. My wife is going with some coworkers to a concert in Tahoe the 2nd week I start and I don't feel comfortable asking for time off that soon after working, so I have the weekend of March 25th off and no wife or dogs to come home to. I figure I can get some diving in instead.

Anyone up for some diving? I'm not very experienced but am certified so you'll have to be patient with me and not want to do anything exceptionally adventurous. I mostly want to get in the water and get some more experience, maybe work on my buoyancy...and just have fun seeing things. I certified at the Breakwater but I'm open to moving around the bay as needed.

My wife (and me, although don't let her know) would be more comfortable if I dive with someone more experienced than myself. She'd prefer I go with a group, but I think if there are 2-3 people who are planning on diving anyway and don't mind adding a stranger to the mix for a bit then that should still be good. I'm good either for just one of the days or I can get a hotel and dive both days.

Feel free to ask me anything or see if anyone wants to meet up.

Last edited:
If you want to go with a group, Diver Dan's has one of their Discover Local Diving days on 3/25 - Discover Local Diving - Diver Dan's It's currently set to be at Monterey State Beach which is a pretty gentle site. You'll still be paired with one other person for the dive (usually a DM or someone experienced) - I assume you mean you want to meet a group to dive but are OK with diving as a buddy pair.

Last edited:
I don't mind diving as a pair, but I also don't mind a small group. I was attempting to stay away from going with a dive shop because I'm on a budget and don't want to spend $25 if there are others who just want to go out anyway.

I'm going to try to dive hopefully in the next few weeks. I can ping you when I do.

Thanks, definitely let me know. As for March I'm going to have to be on hold. I'm having an ear problem and my ENT doctor is recommending I not dive until we get it figured out. I'll still be living in Alameda, though, so I'll be close to Monterey for the foreseeable future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom