Wreck diving in Tenerife Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irsubmarine

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I'm a complete noob to videography. This simple wreck diving video is my first real attempt to actually, hopefully, create an interesting sequence. I'm a little nervous about posting this here because the majority of you guys are uploading really amazing looking videos.

I never heard of color correction until a week or two ago so I've gotten myself a Premiere Pro subscription to increase the look of my videos in post.

I'm shooting on GoPro Hero 5 with a red PolarPro filter. I'm using a GoPole as my holder (Backscatter tray is on order). I don't own any video lights (yet).

I've seen a lot of scuba vids that make me yawn and I really want to avoid being one of them. So, I would looove to hear feedback on how I'm doing from all your video gurus. I'll blow some bubbles on my dive this weekend in your honor.

hi i thought the vid was pretty good overall the last 15 seconds were excellent a nice round up of the dive with a long range shot moving up to the mast was A1- i would have liked to see the flag on the last frames fading out of to close but that minor
the inside shots needed more light - i liked the diver going past the port hole - a couple of more fish shots wold have been a nice filler

Thanks for the feedback Lermonotov. Yea I see what you mean with the lack of fish shots. So apart from just showing the wreck, I should include a focus on the actual life in and around the wreck (i.e. include focus on whatever makes the wreck its home). That has really made me think a lot and given me another reason to go back to the wreck, I appreciate it. :)

I liked your vid too. It is not boring at all ;-)
Like Lermontov, I think a bit more of fish shot would have make thing even better. I would have also cut the shot when the diver swims across and we see only the bottom half.
But as I said, very nice vid. Bravo :)

Hi, liked your video too, especially the ending clip of the mast with the fade out. A good video light with a wide beam would really help bring out the colours and light up inside the wreck. I also think more shots of the marine life on the wreck would've been good.
Fair play for sharing your video, I recently put together my first vid but haven't posted it on SB (I've just bought a video light for my next trip in May).
As a matter of interest, how's the diving generally in Tenerife / the Canaries? I'm considering a trip out that way in October.

The meridian is great ! I'm looking forward to dive on it again, your video is really nice !

Thanks for the encouragement guys, really appreciate it.

I think a bit more of fish shot would have make thing even better. I would have also cut the shot when the diver swims across and we see only the bottom half.:)
Agreed, more fish shots!

Very nice- love the wreck and want to go there now!
Yea, I can't wait to go back myself. There are a bunch of other wrecks here I have yet to visit.

A good video light with a wide beam would really help bring out the colours and light up inside the wreck. I also think more shots of the marine life on the wreck would've been good.
Fair play for sharing your video, I recently put together my first vid but haven't posted it on SB (I've just bought a video light for my next trip in May).
As a matter of interest, how's the diving generally in Tenerife / the Canaries? I'm considering a trip out that way in October.
Totally agreed on the video lights and the marine life points. I did a cavern dive with another diver the other day. She had 2 massive 8k lumen video lights. Lit up the whole cavern... I have seen the light, literally :D My Backscatter tray has now also arrived and it really needs a good pair of wide-beam lights. So I'm on a new research quest to find what will be suitable for me.

My diving has been limited to Dahab in Egypt, Gozo, Gran Canaria and Tenerife. I haven't been to those bucket list places like Raj Ampat yet. So my opinion on this is very limited. However, from all those places I currently prefer Tenerife for the marine life and Gozo for the wrecks. In Tenerife, I've seen many turtles, giant Atlantic rays, Bullrays, common rays, a pod of bottlenose dolphins (glory glory), etc etc, lots of big cute Burrfish, angel sharks and other interesting life. So, for me, Tenerife has been the best diving for the marine life. Actually planning on moving there in the next few months so I can do a DM internship.

The meridian is great ! I'm looking forward to dive on it again, your video is really nice !
Thanks Nianne! Perhaps we'll see each other on the wreck if you are here often.

I'm here for a month. Did black coral this morning, not a lot of stuff but nice though.

Which club are you diving with ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom