Princeton Tectonic Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may not be all the way up and, the screwdriver trick may have damaged the shaft and gears, that is why I don't pry stuff with screwdrivers, that and my boss would fire me so it kinda sticks, lol. I wish it would work for you, they are fun to use. N

They show up on ebay every now and then. Last year I got two new ones for about $20 at my door.

Silicon spray works great. Just let it seap into the stem to the o rings. It won't hurt the plastic, that is why you use it instead of WD-40 or oil on a lot of diving gear. But when pulling up and twisting the stem, be VERY CAREFUL not to over twist in a clockwise direction!!! As this winds it and over winding can break the spring. I'm rehabbing one I just bought off Ebay and like the simple mechanics and NO BATTERIES! I guess the top screw allows the inside pressure to equalize for your altitude? From sea level to Lake Titicaca. So the internal pressure will enable the automatic start button to operate at 10 feet? Otherwise the rubber button in back, attached to a lever that frees up the balance wheel, will not work properly with over or under pressure in timer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom