Drysuit undergarment HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rach.mac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for drysuit undergarments. I just got the new Aqua Lung Fusion Bullet with Aircore and it's a pretty snug fit. I was looking for something thinner, but will keep me warm because I get cold very very fast even in a Drysuit.

Welcome to SB rach.mac. Better post your post in the exposure section to get much more responses.

One more endorsement of the Whites Thermal Fusion...I use mine with UnderArmour and I am good in Lake Ontario in winter (33 degrees).

I love my Fourth Element Arctic layered with the FE Xerotherm base layer. That can get a bit thick, but the FE Arctic by itself with a thinner base layer (merino wool?) would probably be good.

I'm using the SANTI BX400... I find it extremely warm. I have been diving every other weekend in Tobermory this winter and haven't been remotely cold. I wear a thin wicking layer under it.

Water temperature has been 34°F/1° C and dive times have mostly been in the 40 - 55 minute range.

The suit isn't inexpensive, but it's made well, with articulation panels in the joints and so on so it's very comfortable to wear.

I'm wearing it under a SANTI eMotion tri-lam suit.

The 400 would be far too warm in California I think, unless you are doing multiple long dives in a day. SANTI makes a 200 weight undergarment, and I think there is also a version with the core being 400 and the limbs being 200, which would be perfect I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom