How many people love Vintage Equipment Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

recco corail

I recently watched the full episode of this guy [got 1000 channels and nothing on]
Guy had it made....nice house and family, hawt dive tender, and well, he got to dive. Yes, coral harvesting is bad, but consider the time frame. Even Cousteau evolved.
Thanks for your posts Trapezus

Post script to the TV show
JYC & Co were going to do a complete study on the diver sice he defied all established decompression procedures ... zoom down zoom up warn up and go home.

Before the testing could begin the diver became embroiled over a water hose with his neighbor. The neighbor settled the argument by shooting and killing the diver with a shot gun,

End of the diver ....

End of the story

sdm

That was gist of the narration of the show at the end....I thought maybe they were adding drama.....seemed incredulous
Thanks for the response.

I started diving in 1968 with a single hose regulator that still had the Cousteau patent number embossed on the side. But I'd never tried double hose. So I bought a refurbished double hose regulator, and a plastic SCUBA backpack like the kind I started with. What fun! But today I use an instrument console so I know how much air I have left, which we never knew then! And I use a new horse collar vest, which we didn't have then either. Those safety features are pretty sweet. My safety feature in 1968 was diving with men. They always used up their air faster than I did, so I never really had to worry, as long as I surfaced when they did!

^ What regulator did you get? Assuming you are using a banjo fitting or have the Phoenix for 'luxuries'
I switched from a Nemrod to DA Aqua--master and have been enjoying it. Not totally vintage though, I am using it on a set of lp72 doubles, bp/w, with single hose reg on second post for bu and accessories.

I never complained about having a lady as insta-buddy mostly due to I know I will get decent bottom times.

I use just vintage demand valves (2nd stages) from old Soviet (Ukranian) scuba, named Ukraina-2 with modern 1st stages
I use it for many years, and it is the best in my opinion. Most simplest ever seen, most reliable, most lightweight.
i-4053.jpg

i-3389.jpg

There is really original hoose, that looks like from garden :)
Because originaly intermediate pressure is less than 7 bar. And yes, this valve is counterflow.
ris4.JPG
just five main pieces - hull, seat, nail and membrane, and exaust valve :)

Also I do like old Soviet (Ukranian) fins from Kievguma - Akvanavt. I had it when I was a schoolchild, later we lost most of out own (due to war in Georgia), and now I again found it! Original! With printed price 8 rub 50 kop
It is soft and very powerfull.
p-4022.jpg

Sometimes we just kidding and use some reworked old equipment, but not for regular diving, but for fun, like:
p-3556.jpg sidemount from one of the first soviet scuba AVM-1m
It is very nice!
p-3568.jpg
When you are swimming - you can shake to left and right, and your lungs will automatically be inflated and deflated, due to level difference between big membrane of demand valve and your lungs.
No extra force required for breathing in this case! :)
very nice.

p-2726.jpg
old Soviet and rare compass KNM, and depth gause G-5. I has it, but not use (Oceanic computer and Scubapro compass is more comfotrable :) )

p-2747.jpg p-2744.jpg
UGK-2 Soviet dry suit.

So, now your know one more, who love vintage equipment.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom