Another hello from Alberta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foz_scuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recently returned to diving after certification in 1985, diving again in 2001, then off Cozumel in 2015. I just returned from another Mexico trip where two of my son's did their OW cert at Playa del Carmon and my wife did a refresher. We all then went diving at Playa, Cozumel and finished it off with a Cenote dive.

I got a GoPrp substitute (Sjcam 5000x), a Seafrogs Chinese 1800 lumen light ($40) and a stabilizer tray mount ($35), and tried some video. It worked out pretty nicely and the light was almost too bright in the Cenote. I finally set it to half output with a diffuser and it looked better. I'm looking forward to learning more about underwater videography from this site.

Also looking forward to more dives with the family (one more son to convince to get certified!).

I must admit I've never dived in Canada. All my dives have been in Aus and more recently the Mexico trips.

Cheers!

Welcome and hello from Calgary!

Welcome aboard !!

I was originally certified in Alberta in the 80's. Discovered the west coast one year after a trip to Sidney, and fell in love with the diving here. Lots of great cold water diving - Victoria area, Nanaimo area, Barkley Sound, Campbell River / Quadra Island, and Port Hardy area. You will definitely have to give the diving on the island a try - you'll be hooked.

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom