cheapest place to get gear in Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kunatz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I plan to get my gear here in Australia. wil be in Sydney for 2 months. Any places you would recommend, I am on a budget so the cheaper would be better? I am willing to travel so the store can be outside sydney. I did a quick search and many are only my worry about them is that if i order a BCD (wing type) i need help to have it fitted and obviously want to test everything.

if online, where did you buy and if it was a reseller abroad how much are the usual taxes.

Thanks Jason

Try dive200 in Neutral Bay. It depends on the brand your looking to purchase because they are a Scubapro dealer but generally their prices are competitive even compared to online.

I tend to buy a lot on-line either in Aus or Asia or US or Europe. The main thing I buy local is wet/dry suit and Mask - really need to try these on.

Regs are all second hand, computers and SPGs come from Europe. Drysuit seals etc from UK and US.

I did get a wing from Aus and have bought other items from Dive Tub DiveTub - Australian Online Dive Store

Tanks come from Dive Imports DiveImports.com (Powered by CubeCart) some other small items from them also...

I have used dive2000 for camera gear, very good service but not great prices. Much better prices on-line in Asia DiverVision.com: Online Shopping for Underwater Housings, Strobes, Lenses, Computers & more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom