Monterey OW Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the additional info. Yes, the CESA is probably a little easier with expanding air volume versus expelling air of constant volume.

Wouldn't you know it. Being cold is probably best handled by quickly rinsing off the salt and then getting dry instead of a hot shower and bath. Maybe it will just be a short warmish bath at the hotel, before getting some dinner.

At least I can warm up in the hotel bed while watching TV and passing out from the days activities. Probably not the most exciting scenario for my wife. lol

I was certified in Monterey, in a driving January rainstorm. I was thoroughly soaked just getting my wetsuit on and we had to pass the Coast Guard filing sandbags on the beach (to combat the local flooding). In other words, the weather was terrible.

Nonetheless, I was never bothered by the cold water. I had a bazillian sensory experiences in those four dives, making diving a life-long obsession. However, none of those sensations involved being cold.

Just another curiosity about the OW cert in Monterey. Are dive one and dive two on day one separated by coming to shore? Or is it just surfacing for some instruction and then descending again for dive number two?

Just another curiosity about the OW cert in Monterey. Are dive one and dive two on day one separated by coming to shore? Or is it just surfacing for some instruction and then descending again for dive number two?

Typically you exit change out your cylinder have a short surface interval and then go back in for dive two. If you have an instructor that does this I would find another one! I've seen a few do this and I no longer DM for one of them!

Thank you, that is what I was hoping for. Get a warm beverage in, bathroom break and warmed up during a surface interval. Dried off and warm jacket for awhile.

Thank you, that is what I was hoping for. Get a warm beverage in, bathroom break and warmed up during a surface interval. Dried off and warm jacket for awhile.

The deli has hot chocolate. And the showers (for a few quarters) have hot water. Assuming you're going this weekend, you should also have sunshine and no rain!

Have fun! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom