santi flexsole boots with scubapro jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MasterMindDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Scubaboard,
Recently I have ordered santi dry suit that will comes with flexsole boot size 3XL , I heard that scubapro jet fins are the best specially if I am going for GUE technical training .. that's beside doing PADI recreational diving.

have 3 questions for you:
  1. do you recommend using mentioned fins ? or there are better alternatives available ? thanks to list them if any.
  2. regarding fin size in case i would like to go for scubapro jet fins ... and based on the boot size and scubapro sizing --> 2XL size is supposed to fit me well ... is there anyone who tried it and found it snug and fits well ?
  3. with 5mm wet boot in case i am diving wet, I usually dive in boot of size 12 which is equivalent to 2XL in flexsole boot .. so, in that case XL scubapro is supposed to fit me better than the 2XL .. in that case did anyone of you tried the scubapro jet fin XL with santi flexsole boot size 3XL ? or i will need to have 2 different fins one for dry and another one for wet ?
Regards

Last edited:
There are three different jet fins by Scubapro: the old ones made in USA, the ones from Taiwan, and the new ones made in USA. Just avoid the latter.
hmm .. good that you notified me about these types :) .. do you know where can I get them online?

I think the Hollis F1 fins are better than the jet fins because they're stiffer. You want to stay with a heavy fin to counteract the weight of the doubles manifold, so make sure you are going with a suitably heavy fin. Not sure of your timeline, but I believe Deep6 will be releasing a negatively buoyant fin in a few months if you can wait.

I'm using XSScuba turtle fins with my santi. But I've got XS size flex soles

Don't like either, when my flex soles wear out I'll swap them for something more substantial. I don't like jets at all, if you want the extra weight I think either the Hollis F1 or Mares Power Plana are much better fins.

Yes, I wear different-sized fins for wetsuit and drysuit diving. I too have a Santi drysuit with the flex-sole boots (size medium - a lot smaller than yours!), so I cannot advise you on sizes. But when I wear my drysuit with two pairs of socks, a pair of XL Jets fit just fine. Since switching over to sidemount OC and then CCR, where I was a bit foot-heavy, I turned to XL Slipstreams (which I quite like, but I feel like I am committing adultery!). I also have a pair of the Deep6 fins (size L) to try. For wetsuit diving, where I use a pair of Poseidon One Shoes (similar to Chuck Taylor's, I suppose), the XL Jets are too big - I use size L. I like the shortness and stumpiness of those fins, too. It's not so bad having different pairs of fins for different applications, since you can always find good, used fins on the message boards (Jets, Slipstreams, Hollis F1s, etc) for fairly cheap. I bought my XL Jets for about $75, including spring straps. They retail for about $130 if bought new, and the Halcyon spring straps are extra on top of that. Trawl the message boards, and before long, you'll find a good deal.

Good luck with your training!

I am very much not a fan of integrated boots on drysuits, one of the reasons being the ruse of different fins vs. wetsuits which is very annoying. Since you had already ordered I figured I would refrain from criticizing that bit.

The Deep6 fins are epic, but I am not sure when the negatively buoyant versions will be out. You can counter that by using a tail weight on your doubles which may be the best option in this situation if you are using additional lead

I am very much not a fan of integrated boots on drysuits, one of the reasons being the ruse of different fins vs. wetsuits which is very annoying. Since you had already ordered I figured I would refrain from criticizing that bit.

The Deep6 fins are epic, but I am not sure when the negatively buoyant versions will be out. You can counter that by using a tail weight on your doubles which may be the best option in this situation if you are using additional lead
i may check with the dive shop if I can replace the boots .. but if that is the case .. what shall I order ? what are the alternative ? is it possible to have dry suit without boots and I use one wet boot instead ? or there are dry boots as well :D ? I have never heard about dry boots till that moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom