Diving in East Asia in July, advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear divers, we are planning on diving in East Asia in July, which we have never done. I have read a lot on boards but not really gotten any closer to the point of closing the deal.

If I have to choose between fish and wrecks, I prefer fish. But not all in the company are scuba divers so no liveaboard on this trip.

Can anyone give hint on good scuba diving, boat (day trips) or land based and preferably good sunny weather for those not diving?

I am thinking in the area of Japan/the Philippines/Indonesia/Malaysia/Vietnam.

Yours.

Best diving in those country's is Indonesia.
Bali is great for both divers and non divers. Others spots in Indo are great depending the needs of your non divers.
Do they need shopping? Or are they fine with sitting on a beach or by a pool? Some areas have great diving but rocky beaches and nice pools.

Sipidan is great too. If they are fine with just sitting on the beach.

Coming in 3rd some areas in the Phillipines.
All those boards have loads of info that you could read for many hours as you goof off from work.

If diving is not your (or your group's) main purpose, I would not suggest Philippines/Indonesia

There ain't much to do for the non-divers if you go to diving resorts

You may want to take a look on Okinawa in Japan, both good for shopping, sight seeing and easy to arrange 1 or 2 day of boat diving

If diving is not your (or your group's) main purpose, I would not suggest Philippines/Indonesia

There ain't much to do for the non-divers if you go to diving resorts

I would kindly disagree.

Have you been to Bali? There is all kinds of things to do. You can surf or snorkel or shop or drive thru the countryside and tour beautiful temples. The architecture is amazing the countryside beautiful.
In other areas of Indonesia there is hiking and nature preserves, Komodo dragons etc.

Two choices: Indonesia or Philippines.
July is typhoon season in Philippines so Indonesia wins. However I regularly visit the country during the typhoon season.
With non divers on board then Bali is the ONE. The top side attraction probably might even distract some die hard divers!!!!

I have been to both the Philippines (Visayas Region, Bohol - Cebu) and to Bali.
Diving was much better in the Philippines, but if you want to do other things as well, I would strongly recommend Bali.
Bali offers everything, from diving, swimming, over culture, nature, to night life. All on one relatively small island.

I really like the Philippines, I'm even going there in 3 months again, but if you want the whole package (plus safe, clean and easy) choose Bali!

One more thing:
July might be the start of the rainy season in the Philippines, while in Bali it is usually the dry season.
So +1 for Bali...

July is the coolest month (weather wise) of the year in Bali, as cold current from Indian Ocean passing through Lombok strait to Pacific, also bringing cool winter air from Australia. This is also the time when Mola-Mola like to come to Nusa Penida for cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom