February Costa Rica Dive Trip - Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkbite13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all!

Thinking about traveling to Costa Rica this February for a dive trip.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than Cocos, too expensive for me) of places to go?
I'm mostly interested in seeing sharks if possible. + would love a place that has cool rainforests to explore too.

Thanks!

My family had a great trip to Northwest Costa Rica, Guanacaste, a few years back. We had very good diving, particularly at Bat Islands and Catalinas Islands. Bull Sharks, Mantas, other rays, turtles, eels, interesting and different reef fish than you see in the Caribbean. The operator we used is no longer in business, I've heard good things about Rocket Frog, from the same area. Check it out

If you like deserts, Guanacaste is great, if you want to see jungle, head south to Drake Bay!

I'm taking a Guanacaste & Bat Islands trip on the Aggressor liveaboard this Oct 2017, sounds like it will be fun!

I went out with these guys in Playas del Coco about 18 months ago; liked them and the diving in the area. I seem to recall that Bat island may be a seasonal trip, that it alternates with Catalina.

Welcome to Costa Rica - Rich Coast Diving

I'll second Rocket Frog divers in Playa Ocotal. I did 10 dives with them in August and loved it. You won't get 100 feet viz (or even 50), but plenty of rays, large schools of fish, sharks, etc. In August the area is pretty lush, in the dry season it can be a desert I've heard. You are about an hour away from the rainforest if I recall. I'm heading back this August, awesome country to visit.

The local diving (near Playa Del Coco / Ocatal) is also great, in addition to Bat and Catalina islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom