4 days in Manila -should we go to Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No there definitely was a pier there in February and the dive was awesome. It was about 20 minutes by boat from Buceo. Agree that Padre Nurgos pier is wonderful....not so keen on going down those slippery steep slopes with half the village watching though !

Tippytoes12, all the times I have been Anilao and it's first time I have heard mention of a pier dive, so I will have to check it out - I know Buceo resort and wonder if you can recall which side of you the coast was when you were heading to the pier ?

Tippytoes12, all the times I have been Anilao and it's first time I have heard mention of a pier dive, so I will have to check it out - I know Buceo resort and wonder if you can recall which side of you the coast was when you were heading to the pier ?

If that is Anilao Pier, don't figure out you dive below the pier, but rather off the pier on 5m deep mucky bottom. It's located quite far away West from Buceo Anilao in the end of Anilao bay. I guess it would take probably 30 minutes Bangka ride.
Have you already been diving Mato point or Basura?

This is one of the best nightdives I have ever experienced, it may vary a lot in the critters you may spot but it's always amazing, I had dives with more than a dozen bobtail squids and the next one without any but a Kalinga Ornata nudibranch (something like the Holy Grail of all nudis).

Reactions: Heg
sorry if this has been talked about but is Anilao an option for a day trip from manila?

sorry if this has been talked about but is Anilao an option for a day trip from manila?
No. It's roughly a 4 hour drive each way - longer if traffic is bad.

I do it as a day trip (driving myself) sometimes. Yep I set off early, on road by 6 am, takes anywhere between 2.5 & 4 hours, getting 3 dives in, and back home by about 8 pm. It's a L O N G day, but sometimes one needs to dive hey ! ... It is far better to head down early, dive all day, stay the night, dive next morning and chill.

I should have said - Be aware the lower part of the Star tollway freeway before you get to Batangas is closed (or was last week) due to a bridge problem - thus if heading down by road it is a lot quicker to turn off at Lipa, and follow the National highway road.

Sorry I cannot....may have been to the right...not certain...but it was awesome.

I googled the pier dive, because I was curious too. It's way way way to the right by the looks of it (#16 on the dive site map below) - I think the furthest we went in that direction was Koala (#10). We were told pretty categorically that the dive sites further along were no good due to the typhoon (viz was a major problem), but not sure how long they would take to recover.

Anilao-Dive-Sites-Map1.jpg

Hi all,
Found this thread while searching Scuba Board about Anilao so hope you don't mind me jumping in with my questions regarding Anilao :)

I plan to go there early May with my wife, 2 year old and mother in law. I read on this thread about Buceo Anilao. Is that the resort/dive op you would recommend? We would like a safe dive-op who knows their way around and also somewhere our mom and toddler can hang out during the morning while we dive.

Also can you do day trips from Anilao to Puerto Gallera?

Really appreciate any insight!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom