4 days in Manila -should we go to Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg, I moved from Australia 2 years back and now live 3 hours north of Anilao, so it is my regular haunt, travelling down once a month or so, to dive, and in fact I just came back last night. Anilao has plenty of Macro, healthy coral, plenty of fish life, turtles, and yes it is great diving - it is mostly small stuff, though a few bigger pelagic fish wandering around, occasionally a manta, and though I've never seen in the water, on boat between sites yesterday a swordfish was entertaining us leaping around. I have been going Anilao 2 years +, always use the same place (Arthurs), not a 5* but has many regulars, good prices, good guides and very reliable. If you drop me a PM I can give you any info you need. One way in van from airport to Anilao I think now costs Peso 4000, takes around 2.5 hours if traffic OK. Cheers.

Reactions: Heg
I also loved Anilao , beautiful small reefs , great vis and excellent macro. The night dive under the pier was the best night dive I have ever done. In four days you will see a lot of what Anilao has to offer.

I also loved Anilao , beautiful small reefs , great vis and excellent macro. The night dive under the pier was the best night dive I have ever done. In four days you will see a lot of what Anilao has to offer.

Hi Tippytoes - Pier ? I didn't know there was one in Anilao ? Can you remember the name of the 'pier' site - was it close to Mabini town ? Or do you mean the old encrusted steel frame over on the island ?

You wouldn't be mixing up memories with Leyte would you - Padre Burgos pier, it being a fantastic night dive site ?

If you need booking in Anilao just drop me a pm

I don't recall diving a pier in Anilao either - however we didn't dive quite a few sites due to viz after the typhoon, so that might be why.

No there definitely was a pier there in February and the dive was awesome. It was about 20 minutes by boat from Buceo. Agree that Padre Nurgos pier is wonderful....not so keen on going down those slippery steep slopes with half the village watching though !

If the OP has more than mere 4 days, Southern Leyte is my preference over Anilao.
Divers must be looking really ungainly with all those equipment and trying to negotiate the slippery steps under the moonlight! But it is an well worth effort even for an non photographer!

If the OP has more than mere 4 days, Southern Leyte is my preference over Anilao.
Divers must be looking really ungainly with all those equipment and trying to negotiate the slippery steps under the moonlight! But it is an well worth effort even for an non photographer!

Nope, we only have 4 days as we are on our way to dive Tubbataha with Siren fleet :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom