Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are any composite cylinders approved by the DOT that are suitable for underwater use that are close to that size, so there's not much room for confusion.

Filling any HP cylinder involves trust. I tend to trust DOT stamps because they have a track record of trustworthiness, and because there are multiple engineering, procedural, and regulatory controls in place to make these cylinders safe.
SCI can make and supply a very nice 2L 300bar composite wrapped cylinder approved for dive use.
Worthington Industries - Worthington Industries

They know perfectly well what they are doing we disscussed this two years ago
They "claim" CE and the cylinders are even marked CE 0086

The only problem is that CE0086 is the CE mark of a notified body BSI Product Services
who have never heard of Add Helium, Euro Diving Zone or the manufacturer in China or
have ever certified a 2 litre oxygen cylinder for diving.
So we are back now that they are neither CE or DOT certified
Apart from the "self certified" and QA noncense by Add Helium for the hijab seller out his trailer park gaff
doing his own QA.
Iain, looks like that Chinese manufacturer has now moved to CE1354, but still leave critical details likes test pressure and that the cylinder is suitable for oxygen use, off the new labelling.... see page 3/4 of link for pics of those who are cutting out the middlemen's markup and sourcing themselves UFP Plongée Technique • Afficher le sujet - Avis sur le passage en blocs carbone

Iain, looks like that Chinese manufacturer has now moved to CE1354,

Thanks Brad,

Im not surprised. Although a different manufacture than the one we are discussing from the Add Helium/Euro Dive Zone advert.

Someone needs to tell the French forum that the CE notified body CE 1354 is known as Technika Inspekcia AS in Slovakia
and is having a huge problem with counterfeit certificates.
Strangely they mostly all appear to have an origins from China

Although some counterfeit certs are appearing recently from Turkey and Russia
This level of counterfiet certification is of ever increasing concern for scuba fillers, myself included.

The depth of deceit some importers will go to tamper and counterfeit a pressure vessel certification for a $100 scam is alarming
But it is all the easier for these folk to target individuals, and self filler divers who are becoming an ever increasing target market.

Buyer beware is not the real problem its the suppliers in this industry that know all too well what they are importing yet
play on the mates rates, "cave fill" "technical diver" black shirt nonsense to ply trade to the diving public with junk.

My aplogogy Ken. It's not a matter of "class" , but a web design issue.
On your website (as per my mobile phone) , under "Owners" (spelled plural) , both Peter and you appear under that heading, with a sub notation that you are "Administrative Director" .

My aplogogy Ken. It's not a matter of "class" , but a web design issue.
On your website (as per my mobile phone) , under "Owners" (spelled plural) , both Peter and you appear under that heading, with a sub notation that you are "Administrative Director" .

I think it is because you looked at it on a phone...there is a line under "Owners" that separates me, as a staff person. Then, there is another line below me because my wife is a manager.

I appreciate the apology, but anyone who discusses someone's personal finance issues in a public forum has no class...at least that is how I was raised.

If you look at my posts over the 15 years I have been on SB, I think you will see how I conduct myself, which I hope is as a gentleman, as I try to do in all things.

I am not going to comment further. I try to spend my time in more productive ways.

Cheers

Ken

Moot point it seems.

1: AH was apparently shut down yesterday by court order to preserve assets pending dissolution.

2: Three of the owners/managers/? have declared personal bankruptcies.

3: FBI is investigating owners shipping rebreathers and DPV's that are controlled by arms export restrictions to known militants in Libya.

So... I don't think that selling non-DOT cylinders (which are perfectly legal to fill and use) is really the most pressing difficulty there.

Last edited:
U.S. Bankruptcy Court Records for the Middle District of Florida
Case Number: 9:14-bk-03933-
Party Name: Peter N. Sotis
Filing Type: Bankruptcy, Office: 9 Chapter: 7 Trustee: Rivera, Luis E
Date Published: November 02, 2016

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom