This Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidwestSteve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone know the date and or model of this Genesis octo? I got it as a hand me down from a guy about 10 years ago. Seems to work fine but I have always been leary of using it cause he told me it had a diaphragm that he found in a box of unlabled diaphragms from a dive shop that went out of buisness years ago. He had no idea if it was the right part number but seemed to work and
20160701_202557.jpg
he used it in such condition until he passed it on to me. I've only used it a handful of times and only breathe from it to test it. I'm guessing getting the proper diaphragm is out of the question at this point anyway but it would be cool to know the model if nothing else.

I believe it was marketed as "The Origin" second stage. Whether or not service kits are common to current models or are no longer available is beyond me. Contact Genesis via their website if possible, or google for a Genesis dealer and place a call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom