BSA 2017 Jamboree scuba staff needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Refundable $150 to apply for staff. Then a balance of $700 after you are offered a position. For a total of $850 for full term staff.
If you are 16-26 years old the staff fee is $425 for the full time. 1/2 term positions are $425 (you work the first half or the last half).
Mike Meenehan

Just got my offer letter for Scuba support and very excited to help at the Jamboree and hoping my son gets the position that he has picked. Can I bring my own gear to use while assisting the instructor and will we receive any information from the Scuba team prior to our arrival.

Chris

Chris,
Welcome to the forum.
There is no need for you to bring any personal gear other than perhaps exposure protection. Most folks didn't even use that last time. Yes there will be communications with the scuba staff beforehand. Are you on the yahoo and FB Jambo scuba staff groups? There is a lot of chatter between current and former Jambo scuba staff on them.
Mike Meenehan

We are still looking for volunteer scuba staff for the 2017 BSA National Jamboree in West Viginia. Scuba staff is the BEST job there. We are almost 1/2 way to having our full staff of 200.

DAN and PADI will have exhibits next to our pool area.

There have heen 4 staff bulletins and a staff guide posted on the Jamboree website.
Mike Meenehan

We are still looking for more volunteers for Jamboree Scuba Staff. Our team is only 67% full. We need your help!

Are they full? What do they still need?

I am not an instructor, but avid diver and .. Eagle Scout, ASM, SM and Committee Chair from 2001-2009. Might be able to help depending on what they need.

Do they need Rescue Divers too? or just Dive Master and above? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom