Liquvision Enlightened Series production ending Jan. 1, 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peege

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've asked a Liquivision dealer to keep me informed of any new product announcements as I've owned and enjoyed their products in the past. The dealer sent me an update with the following:

"We would like to inform you that the Liquivision Enlightened series, consisting of the Xen, Xeo, Kaon and Lynx will no longer be offered effective January 1, 2017 due to component availability. We will continue to support and service the entire Enlightened series, and we will of course honor our warranty and service commitment to all Liquivision products. Parts, batteries and service items will remain available for years to come."

Does the Liquivision company representative still participate on SB, if so perhaps they wish to comment?

They are putting out a new model.. maybe just disco on the old? They are also moving as of Jan 1... Would be interesting to know if they are abandoning their old line as I posted on here some time back. http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/is-the-lynx-a-dead-product.517955/#post-7639425

It just seems they move slow as to anything new or getting things out of beta (sidemount, location, Omnix).

"Please take note that Liquivision will have a new address as of January 1st, 2017. We will be moving in with Bare Sports during the latter half of December.
Our new address will be:
Bare Sports
50-3711 North Fraser Way
Burnaby, BC, V5J5J2
Canada
Please have all packages and mail shipped to that address starting in mid to late December, depending on the shipping time. Thank you for your help and for your patience. We will be moving as quickly as possible in order to keep delays to a minimum."

I wonder if this means they are going to finally be releasing the long delayed Omnix?

Sounds like bad news from Liquivisons. They no longer list their computers on their web site and have made a few announcements on FB:
Jim Laurel - Do you guys realize that there is NO... | Facebook

"We recently decided to stop producing Liquivision computers because the current line was not profitable. We decided to pull back manufacturing so we could focus on finding and developing a computer than can embrace and utilize all the technology Liquivision has to offer. In the mean time, we are still selling Suunto computers as well as the Atomic Cobalt."
"We still service, repair, and support Liquivision products but we are just not currently selling any new computers. If you are having a specific problem with your computer, please give us a call at 888-270-8595 and we can initiate a return for you to have it repaired.
Kind Regards,
Huish Outdoors"

Wonder if they are robbing the tech from the liquivison acquisition and moving it to their other lines computer lines like Suunto or Atomic.
:(

-saridnour

Back
Top Bottom