O2 clean MK 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So just to clarify. If I get the MK2 from akdeepdiver wouldn't I then still need to source O2 compatable kits? Or just use standard viton o-rings and then the same Trident source for seats as the MK10? These are ok for 100%?

Last edited:
The Mk2's standard service kit is compatible with up to 40%. Scubapro markets a Nitrox compatible service kit with a different seat that the manufacture warrants for use up to 100%.

I looked through Trident's catalog and found no claims that their seats were O2 compatible or not. They only said that they are not genuine factory made parts. You could contact their tech support at trident@tridentdive.com (they don't publish a contact phone number) and ask for a clarification - but I would assume a standard seat suitable for use up to 40%.

If I serviced it - I would use a factory nitrox kit, but I understand the challenge of obtaining factory service kits as a DIY'er. I've seen carbonization on the HP seats of Mk2's used for 100 O2... So the safest thing to use would be a kit approved for that use - but you may have some success substituting parts from other suppliers.

So just to clarify. If I get the MK2 from akdeepdiver wouldn't I then still need to source O2 compatable kits? Or just use standard viton o-rings and then the same Trident source for seats as the MK10? These are ok for 100%?

The nice thing about the MK2 for oxygen is that there are only 3 non-metal parts that are ever exposed to HP, they are the DIN/yoke retainer o-ring, the HP port o-ring, and the seat. The seat is tiny. Then there are only a few o-rings ( 2 for the piston and 3 LP port plugs)in the IP chamber. Together this means that a very small amount of potentially combustable materials are present, a small fraction of what exists in the MK20/25.

I personally would not be too worried about the seat material, but you could probably buy one of the nitrox kits if you really wanted to.

Ok guys I've found the parts list and info on the MK2 rebuild and looks like I already have what I need except the seats which show available on VDH.

@bl6394 thanks for all your help too and I really appreciate the info. It looks like the seats for the MK2 are Teflon.

MK25 with an orifice? Sure about that? Are you talking about the piston....

Yes the piston. I dont own any and havent serviced any since I did my course, but remember that the reg is spring loaded and explodes all over the place if care is not taken, as well as the piston being expensive and requiring a bullet to reassemble to prevent damaging a very expensive part.

I own mainly CDX-5 or Mk 11 with a couple of other odd Diverite and Aqualung.

Final update. I've ordered an MK2 but I have also opened up the MK25. @awap it is indeed a green seat but there is unfortunately evidence of saltwater contamination. Plan to give it all a good cleaning but I think that is all it needs to get it back into service.

Thanks again guys for the help.

Back
Top Bottom