SeaLife introduces the new DC2000 Digital Underwater Camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! That's too bad, but it's good to know. I appreciate the information.

The description on the site should probably be updated to say that the SL970 works with (or was designed for) the DC1200, if it vignettes on the the 1400 and 2000.

I'll probably go for the DC2000 because of the RAW capability, and the reduced shutter speed lag.

The description on the site should probably be updated to say that the SL970 works with (or was designed for) the DC1200, if it vignettes on the the 1400 and 2000.

I'll probably go for the DC2000 because of the RAW capability, and the reduced shutter speed lag.

I just sold both of my DC1400's on eBay, so I'm all in as well.

Hello, we double checked with our engineers, and the DC2000 is compatible with the SL970 DC Wide Angle Lens. It will not create a vignette. We apologize for the confusion.

I have the SeaLife DC1400 Maxx Duo and it flooded and before I get a DC1400 replacement, I saw the DC2000. Will the Spot and Flash work on the DC20000 so I can just get the housing and camera and use my current flash and tray?

I have the SeaLife DC1400 Maxx Duo and it flooded and before I get a DC1400 replacement, I saw the DC2000. Will the Spot and Flash work on the DC20000 so I can just get the housing and camera and use my current flash and tray?

Yes, the DC2000 would screw into the tray and connect the flash link cable exactly the same way your DC1400 did.

I have a DC1400 with the Sealife flash. I'm upgrading to the DC2000 (the RAW capability sold it alone for me) but would like to upgrade my strobe as well. I know the Sealife flash has directions for how to use it with a non-Sealife camera, but how do you incorporate a non-Sealife strobe with the DC2000? Can a "blank" (on the camera end) fiber optic cable that connects from the strobe to the flash link attachment be used just like the Sealife flash?

I have a DC1400 with the Sealife flash. I'm upgrading to the DC2000 (the RAW capability sold it alone for me) but would like to upgrade my strobe as well. I know the Sealife flash has directions for how to use it with a non-Sealife camera, but how do you incorporate a non-Sealife strobe with the DC2000? Can a "blank" (on the camera end) fiber optic cable that connects from the strobe to the flash link attachment be used just like the Sealife flash?

I would think it would work the same as long as the flash cable is the same thickness and fits into the Sealife flashlink harness.

I'll be curious to hear how well they work together. The guide number for the SeaDragons is 20, so going to something like a YS-D2 (32) would be a pretty drastic change. I imagine with the added RAW capability, I'll be trying more reefscapes, so the additional strobe power would probably help quite a bit. I also am curious as to how well the flex arms will support a heavier strobe. It's only a 4oz difference (18 to 22), so it probably won't be an issue, though.

Back
Top Bottom