DIY Reg Adjustment Tools and Gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting... this is one area where I can't see digital being better. I really like the swing of the needle.

Trying to decide between a Magnahelic gauge from eBay or a digital air pressure meter like this one from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Rise-Profe...-79kPa/dp/B00N3PPZZY/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t#Ask

Anybody have experience with the digital gauge? I like the "Hold" feature, but I wonder about the accuracy of that meter in the 1" to 3" of water range. Price is about the same for either.
I measure backpressure on marine diesel engine installations. Depending on the engine, the spec is anywhere from 1-4"H2O up to 1" of mercury. I use both a manometer as well as a digital pressure gage, depending on the situation (the Navy does not allow mercury on their vessels). I have no issues with the digital manometer, and it calibrates over and over again with the water or mercury manometer.

Back
Top Bottom